#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Ambrose to JR - Zero goals, 100 sooks.
Hurley to Elton - spud, so can zone off.
Dea to Dusty/Caddy when they rotate fwd.

1 Like

We miss this guy, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  rock down back !

Who would have thought a couple years ago I was slating the guy, now he is our best lock down defenderā€¦
Onya Paddy, love what youā€™ve becomeā€¦

3 Likes

Gets better every year and thats what we need

1 Like

Elton will probably kick 7

Itā€™s good news that Ambo may come in for this game.

Wouldnā€™t mind if he had just one hit out beforehand though. Hope he can get back up to speed for it without even a run in the ressies beforehand.

Yeah I think itā€™s still a long shot to be straight back in for Dreamtime. Just sounds like heā€™s progressed quicker than expected so not ruling it out.

1 Like

Who would have thought that Ambo would have been so integral to our backline 12 months ago? Certainly not BLITZ.

Has really come on as a player. Ambo and Hurls make a formidable pairing down there.

Hope that quad heals soon.

1 Like

Ambrose is our number 1 lock down key Defender. But I reckon he could also be an elite tagger. He has elite endurance, heā€™s the strongest player at the club, does his job to a tee and hates getting beaten.

Who ever is destroying us, just send Ambrose to them. Regardless of what position they play.

3 Likes

He could beā€¦ if we ever used a tagger again.*

*we will not.

1 Like

Agree, Dea has his confidence back. Now we need Hartley to get his back.

1 Like

Plenty of inferior players have come straight in after longer layoffs and gone fine.

Heā€™s adding intercept marking to his game as well slowly. His development has been extraordinary.

So valuable.

2 Likes

I would have liked to see him vs Dangerfield in the last qtr. Heā€™s a v versatile defender. Adds alot of flexibility to our setup

No doubt, but he wouldnā€™t have been more than 2ft away from Hawkins in that last quarter had he played.

2 Likes

If he is fit, bring him the ā– ā– ā– ā–  in. Would be a massive in for us and allow Hurley to zone off and attack.

Surely Danger would be too quick for Ambo

2 Likes

Hurley will be trying to do that anyway. but at least with Ambrose youā€™d have a modicum of confidence that he might contain his direct opponent as well.

1 Like

Heā€™s got a great record on Riewoldt.

1 Like

Yeah but Danger is faster and/or stronger than pretty much everyoneā€¦