#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Still 3 weeks away at least.

I heard 7.

Injury update says Rnd 19-20.

Miss his aggression badly ATM. Not a single other person on the list makes people look over their side the way he does

3 Likes

This year’s knock to the calf

2 Likes

I heard he left and became a firefighter…

3 Likes

No. This year’s torn and re-torn quad. Club could not have been more transparent.

3 Likes

due back 2020.

he’s the next Alex Johnson.

Our list is in a world of trouble if we are missing Ambrose badly.

1 Like

It’s true. Bit unfair on Ambrose who was legit the best performing key back in the first four weeks on top of the brilliant second half of last season he had

2 Likes

Fool. That was LAV.

Wasn’t that Dempsey becoming a fire fighter…

on twitter.

Why?

Because he rarely loses a 1 on 1 contest and negates the oppositions best forward?

2 Likes

He’s one player. Injuries happen.

Completely agree

But you made it sound like he is a spud with your comment, that’s all

1 Like

Our KPD depth really really is in serious trouble right now. . We have 2 AA KPDs one who is playing as a forward. Our 3rd best and 4th best KPDs are injured.

Our season is on the brink and will be for every one of the remaining games until we lose one.

We cannot afford to wait until Ambo comes back, and even when he does, it will need to be via the VFL.

If you think any of the issues the last two weeks were due to our KP defenders, I would be very surprised. Even with Brown and Ambrose unavailable they’ve done fine.

I do think they do have something to do with lack of intensity and aggression which is not something you can fault Ambrose for. If anything he sets the standard. We were crying out for someone to just smash someone on Saturday to get the juices of the rest of the boys up

2 Likes

What I have said is that if either of our kpds are injured there are no depth players available.
But now that you mention it, ability of hartley to take more intercept marks, like 2 to 3 might have saved the game for us.