#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

#underrated

1 Like

Let’s keep him that way. He’s out of contract. The club should put him on a 4-5 year contract and then we can start talking him up.

1 Like

I like your line of thinking, but 3 would be sufficient. :wink:

1 Like

3 years would take him to 31 y/old.
Would also imo be about the time he’d be due to retire/lose the athleticism he needs to be AFL standard.

1 Like

At round 10 we were 6th best defence in the comp in terms of points against
This bloke is no small part of it. Together with Hooker, they have prevented any top key forwards from getting hold of us since the round 1 debacle.

4 Likes

A 4 year contract? He is not Woosha, you know.

2 Likes

Somebody in need of a good 1 on 1 defender would happily offer him a 4 year contract. It would take him out to 31 but he hasn’t played a lot of footy.

Becoming one of my favorites

Incredible to think he could legitimately win our B&F this year.

Cracking game again. Him and stringer would be leading our B&F, both been super consistent all year.

Gutsy performance today. I reckon he played through some pain.

He’ll certainly welcome the bye week

Anything on telly or radio on his injury?

Was having another very useful game till that.

Ankle it seemed

Yep. I saw him grimace a few times. Was hurt, yet bravely pushed on and saw out the game. Mighty effort again. Has earned that rest. Super consistent 11 games.

Do my eyes deceive me? The last couple of games I’ve been to he’s taken a handful of intercept marks. Has the universe really run out of ideas?
Ambrose is fast becoming the first name on the team sheet. I bet he’s the first name opposition forwards look for each week

4 Likes

Could be in AA form.

But, as we all know, AA form =/= AA selection.

1 Like

I reckon they’d pick Rance ahead of him

4 Likes

Haha! I was going to write that in my post but thought that would be too hyperbolic. The sad thing is that these days nothing is too hyperbolic for the way the AwFL works.