#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

And someone asked why??

Mmph …

one of the few positives from today, and one of only a few players to bring the biff when we were being smashed all over the ground

Kudos to those who drafted him as a rookie and promoted him to the list.

1 Like

another scalp for the silent assassin

completely removes his opponents from the game

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call conceding five shots on goal a scalp. Did well to contain a monster but certainly didn’t beat him.

3 Likes

Reiwoldt next week - job done

Not a scalp, but Cameron is a fkn gun. He was ok. I didn’t expect him to beat him, but just lower his output, which I think he did. Played ok Ambrose.

1 Like

Defanitly limited Camerons influence that guy is unstoppable when he gets of the chain.

I think he is a good match up for Jack, obviously needs the midfield pressure to be up but I’m pretty confident with the match up.

Could he be a good match up for Caddy as well?

Yeah I think so, as would Dea.

Maybe no Jack next week, depends on how he scrubs up. He was knocked out in the first five minutes and didn’t come back on.

I thought he was ok. Not sure what happens to him when Hurley and Francis start getting games again.

1 Like

Neither Hurley nor Francis appear to be disciplined enough to sacrifice their games to play a pure lockdown role. That begs the question do we need a pure lockdown defender to win games ?
Hawkins kicked 3 goals in 10 minutes when he was let off the chain by Hooker.

1 Like

Good question, time will tell. The benefit of Ambrose is if an opposition key forward’s trying to outrun one our other backs they can always turn to Ambrose for a switch.

Thought he held Cameron well for the 3 of the 4 qtrs. Only in the 3rd did Cameron get a hold of him.

Took one really good mark backing back into a pack deep in defence

1 Like

No chance Ambrose gets dropped.

Mark Harvey would have his babies if he had half a chance.

Ambrose actually does a lot of nondescript things that don’t really get recognition and generally plays on the best forward. He’s doing well.

3 Likes

I wouldnt mind seeing Ambrose given the role of defensive forward - shut down role on Rance, similar to what Melksham did for the Dees.

Hurley and Hooker take Key backs

Stewart goes out he was poor last week, Ambrose Plays Deep on Rance

I’ve got an idea. How about we play our defenders as defenders, our forwards as forwards, and our midfielders as midfielders. And not shuffle ■■■■■ around just so we can find a spot for Hurley based on nothing more than his name is Hurley. He’s been putrid this season make him earn it.

6 Likes

Counterpoint: Mark Baguely

2 Likes