#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

exception that proves my point…

Further Counterpoint: Ambrose started his AFL career as a forward.

Let’s be honest though he played one good half of footy as a forward,

PS: “the exception that proves the point” is one of the stupidest sayings going around. Any exception quite literally disproves the point

6 Likes

I guess im thinking whos their most dangerous player we can stop…is it Reiwoldt or Rance…
Rance would smash Stewart and MCKernan…thats why playing ambrose forward can limit Rances influence, and then Stringer/McKernan can have a better run at it.

The other guy is Dusty, but we never seem to have an answer for him, hopefully our midfield can keep up their team pressure and intensity of the last 2 weeks and make it hard work for Dusty.

paddyambrose

10 Likes

Revisionist history

1 Like

its true

Thats probably true but he was playing a role that was 3-4 years ahead of its time. A “pressure forward”
When going up as a tall forward Joey outmarked Ambrose 99% of the time.

Strained calf, available again after the bye.

Straight swap this week, Hurley for Patty

He is fkn injury prone

1 Like

Dammit.

So is Hurley still injured or?

‘Should’ be good to go

He trained well. I’d say 6 weeks away!

How the saying is used, yes, doesn’t make sense. But some say what it is meant to mean is different: defining what applies as an exception may by set theory define the general rule. For example if you have a sign saying ‘no parking on Sundays’ that also defines the general rule that you can park Monday to Saturday.

I always took it to be a broader interpretation of what “proves” means. That is, just what you say: if there’s an exception then the rule is proved wrong.

strained calf?

thats an amputation

The original meaning of ‘prove’ is ‘test’.

Spanish word for ‘test’ is probar.

Only upside is Francis probably gets a run. Ambrose sounds bad.

Ambrose is a huge out for us.

Hurley needs to come in and play lock down defender, and Francis can come in and play the intercept player (probably for Ridley)