#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Call of duty.

Ambrose will hardly be missed, as weā€™ve barely had him in the team the last two years. His durability is a massive issue

Why are we having a tanty of whether francis is a better mark than hurley or not?

a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  trampoline is a better mark than hurley.

5 Likes

Out again. Heā€™s not very durable for a robot.

You leave olā€™ trampoline hands alone.

Blitz agrees, thatā€™s enough

Totally sacrificed his calf muscle to stop cameron and help us get to 4 & 6
Probably cost him 3 to 4 games extra. Fortunately we have lots of defenders who can come in for other games.

1 Like

So heā€™s out for 6 weeks then?

Hammy, done for the day. Possibly the most injury prone player on the list

1 Like

FRANG

3 Likes

always getting injured this bloke

Should have picked Dea

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā–  happens.

Myers says hi WOB :grimacing:

He shouldnā€™t have been in the side, but that had nothing to do with the injury. But if he wasnā€™t contacted for 2019 Iā€™d be delisting him. You canā€™t build a side on players who canā€™t stay on the park.

Meh.

Heā€™s an athlete and not a very quick one at that and isnā€™t much of a footballer either IMO.

Would rather see Dea/Ridley/Redman/Frang/Zerk in for him instead.

I just donā€™t see his value the same as others.

Thought the defensive structure was better AFTER he went off injured TBH.

Iā€™d play Dea and use Ambrose as his back up myself.

1 Like

Stephenson ripped his hammy. Pace is a big concern

Still think Ambrose was the right choice over Dea.

Is a far better runner which would have been important given Pies team and also going to be much more effective coming in to help on the long balls to Cox.

Sucks that he did his hammy as it hurt us rotations wise. Canā€™t take a trick with injury.

I use to make this argument with Davey, who in my mind was best 22 when fit. You just canā€™t keep players in the squad who cannot be relied on to stay fit most years. Exceptions can be made for true talents, or youngsters building a body. But past a certain point it just kills the team and your depth.

Ambrose is a decent to good player when on the park and with a run. But heā€™s getting injured again and again. That doesnā€™t work either with the main team or being depth.

It might be different if we had no other options. But medium to tall defenders is our deepest part of the list.

But heā€™s contracted for 2019 so itā€™s a moot point right now.