#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Not defensive ones like him.

1 Like

Hooker and Hartley are taller and do the defensive job. Dea is smaller and does. Francis and Hurley possibly can.

It’s not an area of weakness.

Hooker does, but he takes the beasts. Hartley isn’t up to it for mine. Dea does. Hurley doesn’t, and Francis doesn’t. It’s not an area of weakness, but neither is it an area of strength. For mine, Ambrose stay until Zerk is ready. So probably another two years.

1 Like

Well, he’s staying another year regardless. I also want it clear that if it wasn’t for his injury history I’d be happy to have him on the list.

When we need a tagger he is it. I just wish he would use his skills in that dept more often.

I was coming I here expecting to see discussion about how we win if Ambrose stays on the park, and I get a bunch of “delist” comments. Unbelievable. Would have been perfect to shut out DeGoey in the last.

8 Likes

We missed him so much in the second half. I agree. We would have won if he didn’t get injured.

1 Like

I thought he was a better match up for de Goey, rather than Stephenson, how he ended up chasing Stephenson and twanging his hammy might be more to do with “zone defence”. I will check the replay. DeGoey did much more damage than Stephenson, mostly in the last, and mostly due to Pendles getting off the leash.

The bloke is becoming injury prone cant afford to have players on the list who continually get injured.

Done for the year.

“Pat Ambrose has a hamstring strain and the tendon is impacted, but it will not require surgery,” Physical Performance Manager Justin Crow said on Monday.

“Early estimations suggest this is a 10-week injury.”

See ya

Stinger also done will miss a month with a calf strain

Season trully done and dusted now

Jesus 10 weeks, that’s a fair old hammy. For a cyborg he is pretty delicate.

2 Likes

Was playing very well until he got injured. And his reaction said it all. He was gutted.

2 Likes

5 Likes

how can it not need surgery when the tendon was impacted?

Well that would depend on what the impact was would it not?

1 Like

I’d imagine the tendon is still attached.
There is such thing as a partial tendon tear lol

What was his last soft tissue? Calf? Might as well cotton wool him for preseason.

Talks of delisting are childish

1 Like

In 2019 Ambrose should be no more than reserve depth (when fit).

1 Like