#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

A hand for ‘Boot please

1 Like

Wasn’t the worst yesterday as you would have expected Cameron to kick a bag if the giants were to win by 12 goals but patty made some howling errros. Dropped an uncontested mark which then results in a GWS goal. May get suspended but would drop him anyway for BZT

Put a bloke in hospital with a fair bump. Only genuine impact we had for the day.

13 Likes

He is also hard at the pill which is a farking sight more than we can say for a lot of our other pretenders!

1 Like

Yeah Paddy was what I expected/hoped from Essendon in round 1 - rough skills but high intensity. Basically him and Stringer the only ones who showed any heart for mine. Maybe Saad.

2 Likes

Punctured Perryman’s lung in that hit, tough mother.

3 Likes

The report says he has no fractured ribs.
Apart from like a knife wound I didn’t even know that was possible (punctured lung, intact ribs).

Don’t know why we keep giving this bloke games.

Ambrose is the tagger we have been looking for. Put him on the big bulls like Cripps, Bont etc. he has endurance and size.

3 Likes

Hes also got no agility, speed, turning circle or awareness. He would be terrible at it

1 Like

Jesus wept tears of blood ! Paddy Ambrose is just back from an LTI — give him a break. He was best 22 before his injury. He is highly competitive, works his erse off, and is hard as nails — he’s not one of the middle-class mummy’s boys afraid of physical contact, of whom we have far too many at Essington.

He’s been asked too often to play KPD, which means he’s giving away a height advantage in this day of well-fed giant KPFs. Paddy is an ideal third tall defender, not a KPD, and flourishes in that role. The selectors should play him at HBF (or BP) alongside Zerk.

5 Likes

Would prefer Dea.

I think you might mean Zerk or Hartley? Dea CANNOT go with key forwards. He’s barely 6’1

No good.

Once Hooker is fit and Zerk gets a body…see ya Paddy

Nice guy though

Uh huh, Sure.

Depending on their monster factor, Gleeson actually was a very good third tall in 2017 (ie when he last played a full season), other than one moment in the last quarter against the Swans (when Rohan picked him up an put Gleek behind him).

Puts his body on the line at least… If we lack intensity and effort, not sure we can drop lungbuster

Was not our worst by a long way. Looked like he actually gave a ■■■■, did a few good things whilst looking rusty. His dropped mark was about 1 minute after the rain started so I’ll excuse it in that case.
Would not be the first guy I dropped out of that backline.

5 Likes

The alternative is Hartley !
Is that what you want ?..nah, didn’t think so.

Zerk will get his chance soon enough, but not yet.

The alternative to Ambrose is NOT Hartley — they perform different functions. I’d have Hartley, Ambrose and Zerk all in the backline, the other three being Saad, Dea and McKenna. (See my post #164 in the “Round 2 vs St Kilda” thread.)

EDIT: I’d start Francis on the bench, so that he can be used where needed — he’s a lot more versatile than just a defender.