#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

that’s not even funny to joke about

3 Likes

Cameron kicked four goals from six scoring shots. If that’s a pass mark we’re in a whole lot of trouble.

Yes we were in a whole lot of trouble on the weekend, pretty sure that was already an agreed upon fact.

Yes but all goals kicked are the fault of only the defenders and in particular the players on the kickers of many goals.

It’s all exclusively on them,… no one else is culpuble.

Ignorance is Blitz.

5 Likes

I can remember three or four goals and my old man was cursing the defender. Nothing you can do as a defender to a lace out pass from a midfielder under no pressure, and no one playing the zone to block space.
Look at our entries, under pressure mostly, rushed kicks and constantly had the ruck or another player Manning the space where the forwards lead. There was always a two on one in GWS favour, our fwd line had zero chance. GWS were never under that sort of pressure the whole game. Responsibility doesn’t sit squarely on the defenders shoulders.
Francis and Ambrose I didn’t feel did too bad in defender at all. It went completely to ■■■■ when Zaha went back.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, I guess you’re tongue in cheek.
We know the midfield forgot about applying defensive pressure. It made it a damn sight harder for Ambrose and all the other defenders.
I think Ambrose had credits in the bank for doing jobs on J Riewoldt and others years back. But I’m not sure he has many left.

Our mids were having a rest on the hill while their opponents had enough time to roll and smoke a durry let alone look where Cameron and Co were leading. They were pretty much on a hiding to nothing ffs.

3 Likes

With Hooker, Daniher, Gleeson, Dea and Stewart out he gets a game. He is big enough and has the aerobic ability to go with a number of different forwards. He wasn’t even that bad considering how much GWS dominated. He is limited sure, but he makes next weeks side every day of the week for mine.

2 Likes

Blitz credits, … or Real factual credits??

(Blitz credits = Klulesscoin)

I can assure you he has more than enough real ones. :+1:

Ok fair enough you say Ambrose has more than enough credits.
I think he’s running low.
And very soon - maybe this week - Zerk will go past him.

More or less credits than the midfielders who had their pants pulled down then got a spanking?

Huh?
Is this the Patty Ambrose thread or the Heppell/Merrett/Shiel/Langford/Smith/McGrath/
Myers thread?

If zerk is a replacement for Ambrose this week it’s the wrong change and I really want BZerk in the team.

1 Like

If we get to Rd.8 and we’re 2 - 6 again, then fine bring Zerk in, just not right now.
Actually, I don’t believe he should play until Hooksey is in that backline.
Could you imagine the poor kid debuting in that backline at the moment ?..fark

Are we a little conservative with our kids at times?

6 Likes

Good idea, except Woosha isn’t into taggers. I’ve been saying FOR A LONG TIME HE BE PERFECT.

Yer probably.
Just what I saw at a VFL game last year was a really skinny kid, though a very tall one (as tall as Harts).

Granted, he’s probably put on some beef in the off season.
There is definitely a player there.

Yes, but i see what @bltn is saying. i dont have confidence in Hurleys leadership to hold a nervous first gamer together in front of a 35,000+ crowd. Hooker is a far more effective leader.

I think the argument is more that Zerk might actually help Hurley, rather than the other way around.

2 Likes

By taking jobs that Hurley is now ill-equiped to take on ?