#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

He is underrated on here.

He doesn’t show up in tv much so most think he’s done nothing.

His opponent doesn’t show up either.

3 Likes

He may not be great with ball in hand but he’s a genuine stopper and sometimes you need someone who can just nullify a dangerous opponent. We can afford to have a stopper when you’ve got weapons around him like Ridely, McKenna, Saad, Francis (when in) ect who have attacking flair and poise

3 Likes

Take a bow @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS was baking him when no one else was. Been playing great this season.

:+1:

He’s a cracker.

1 Like

1 vote for repeating the brad hill tackle on hip wood in the same spot. Another 1 for the follow up on hipwood after McGrath tackle.

2 Likes

Not pretty, but effective.

Tough, hard as nails defender.

I think he will be suspended for the high shot on Hipwood.

Quite possible

What about hipwood for the studs in the face of myers?

1 Like

Much-maligned player. Has been given some big assignments & has passed every test with aplomb. Great stuff, Paddy.

5 Likes

Exactly the sort of defender you need.

Hard as nails.

Plays the percentages.

Reliable.

AND he flies the flag when required.

11 Likes

Looked like he wanted to go back for Rd 2 after Myers went down.

(Think both Ambrose and Hipwood both no case to answer)

BBrown next week?

AND when he takes a key opposition forward out of the game the contribution that makes to the other players in the backline.

5 Likes

That was the best game he has played for the club. Supreme in every way

1 Like

Brilliant game, I’ve always been a fan and watched him closely today. Time and time again he shut down contests that were looking like trouble for us. The time Hipwood? looked to be taking a comfortable chest mark and Ambrose somehow got a spoil in was a ripper.

7 Likes

He’s done better jobs on better players. People just have short memories and his injuries haven’t enabled him to be at his best the last few seasons.

2 Likes

I don’t know why but I burst out laughing when he went for the spear. Best laugh since NLM took on both Carr brothers at once.

2 Likes

Get nasty on one of our little guys, … you don’t just get Ambrosed,

… you get fkn Flying Ambrosed!! :laughing:

Cop that Boof head.

44 Likes

Then he got stuck into him when Hipwood missed his shot on goal. I love it!

6 Likes