#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Ambrose doesn’t have the nous required to play midfield, nor does he have the agility to either.

If we want a tagger it’ll come from either McGrath or Guelfi depending on what type they are tagging and what type of tag we would run with.

He’s in the best form of his career, why would we change his role.

2 Likes

Came in here to praise our new defensive overlord (who apparently now has tagging skills).

Let that GIF reside with the Myers ‘f*** you, AFL’ one.

1 Like

4 games 4 scalps.

1 Like

O.k. Guelfi might just be the man. Or could learn to be he has all the attributes.

I’ve been massively harsh on this guy. Hand up. He’s proving me wrong bigtime

Best game i have seen him play. I’m not 100% convinced, but I’m pretty close

4 Likes

Reminded me of so many Fletcher lunges

He got 7 touches I think.

His job is not to “get touches,” but to stop his direct opponent from getting any — which he does superbly.

Paddy Ambrose is easily Best 22 — and always has been.

5 Likes

He has a pretty un-spectacular role in in the team. Easy to not be impressed.

If he can add even a slightly offensive game, he will be a very, very good player. He’s probably already a pretty decent player but geez, if his confidence rises and he starts attacking a little, he’ll basically be a very well rounded defender

Gets a pass for me purely for smashing Hipwood.

4 Likes

at the risk of using a shittyy cliche, he makes others play taller.

We don’t have anyone who has that nasty streak in them, and he has the ability to actually hurt his opponent. For that he stays in at least whilst we are winning.

He is limited as a footballer but he is playing within those limits. And him playing a pure negating role allows a Hurley, or maybe a Hooker to zone off and use their nous to cut off plays. Ambrose is currently a contributing member of a backline that is starting to look assured.

Long may he literally hurt his opponent

2 Likes

AFL reported that Hipwood was “unstoppable” last week.
This week Hipwood hit a brick wall.

5 Likes

Be great if he smashes Ben Brown.

fck that side show bob looking clown

1 Like

Not sure you can count Cameron in round 1.

1 Like

You could see as far back as 2016 that opposition forwards hate playing on him. He seems to annoy the ■■■■ out of them and no one seems to really get hold of him.

Best of all, he put Perryman in hospital (fairly) and he flies the flag physically (Hipwood). He’s one of the few blokes we have that can hit damn hard. Lol, I still think of the Hill burial. He’s a ripper overall, within obvious limitations, yes, but a ripper nonetheless.

Structure the backline to suit - attacking options and smaller runners to give him the outlet - and he’s very important to us imo.

7 Likes

Ugh. Yeah, fair call.

Altho from memory Ambrose did passably well in the circumstances.

Oh yeah, he did ok all things considered.

Cameron loves a front-running cheapie, and he had endless opportunities to do so.

I think the brick wall hit him actually.

1 Like