#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Wow your bar must be pretty, pretty low…

It’s a fair argument. Very good chance to have 75 points from the last three rounds alone.

He’d be top 5 currently, coaches always reward defensive roles played well. He’s arguably been our most consistent player thus far

l have rated Ambrose for a few years now. A no nonsense player, has improved greatly since being moved to the defence.

4 Likes

Still not sold he is a long term fix, but can’t knock him. My main concerns are height and lack of attacking flare. He is one bloke who flies the flag though, so will always be a favourite for me as I really rate that stuff to strengthen the team mentally.

1 Like

“flare”?

@Pevers-Legend pls.

6 Likes

He should attack hippies’ trousers.
Seems right to me.

Identity confirmed…

He and Brown look like they should be flying Spitfires

11 Likes

Because they look at the stats sheet and assume because hes down the bottom that hes crap. Unfortunately as a lockdown defender, you can have the game of your life and youll be lucky to be noticed.

Patty has been vital to our defence so far to the point where hes keeping Franga out of the team. Thats a pretty amazing feat

2 Likes

1 Like

I reckon we can put to bed the everyone wants him dropped thing now. Not many are saying that, at all now

He’s improved a heap imo, and still has plenty of improvement left

TRIGGERED.

Everyone knows it’s spelt Fliehr.

No way is a bloke with 7 possessions a week in our top 5. Don’t get me wrong, he’s been great as a lock down defender. But he has not been playing on Franklin.

You can only defend on the opponent your given, and he has blanketed everyone hes played on since round 2.

1 Like

Great. He is still not in our top 5. He definitely is not 1.

He could be. The coaches and players are constantly reinforcing to “play your role”. Hes played his role almost flawlessly

1 Like

I don’t think you understand how our B&F voting system works.

You don’t have to be the “best” player in a given week to rack up significant points.

4 Likes

Don’t drink the coolaid.

You’re drinking the coolaid if you think that the only way a player can contribute is to rack up possessions…