#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Stick that up your pipe and smoke it, Blitz.

15 Likes

We have a pipe?

Have you not been to the VFL?

1 Like

There are people speculating on dropping him for the likes of Ridley. Now, I like Ridley but sheesh… some seem to measure Paddy on his lack of stats rather than his opponent’s lack of stats, or the denial of an option to an oppo ball carrier, making them choose iffy options and giving us back the ball.

1 Like

very bomber thompson voice PADDDYYYY AMMMBBBRRRROOOOOOOSSSEEEEEEE

1 Like

Media hype will get around him very soon.

What an unbelievable find this kids turned out to be. Has nailed his position. Great to have him for 2 more years

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if he isnt.

1 Like

We have the best lock down defender in the AFL, yet we allow a tall forward to take 9 marks inside 50 and don’t make a change.

1 Like

Well John is by nature not inclined to be reactive, but say we swung the move and shut down Kennedy, only for Darling to get off the leash?

Was there an opportunity to send a runner out? Kennedy kicked a lot of behinds from those marks.

Who’s to say Hurley wouldn’t have matched up better against Darling?

Why was Hurley taking the kick outs? Who did Hooker play on? Why not play Hooker on Kennedy?

Honestly, I was smashed and still more reactive than Whoosha.

I would be curious to know just how many kick outs Hurley took. From memory he was the first receive in the pocket most tones.

Which is just as bad mind you. It’s our go to play about 80% of the time.

Padddy AMBROOOOOOOOOSSE

The thing was, Hurls wasn’t even close enough to ride the guy into the ground.
KPFs expect heavy contact in one on ones, they must laugh when they take marks instead of a free kick for being rammed into the concrete Optus stadium surface by a 95 kilo KPD.

Anyone know what the go is with his injury? I was at the game and read something on Twitter about calf soreness.

Staggered that none of the journos asked about it in the post-match press conference.

(According to Blitz) he did a quad in the warmup. Not sure how bad, but IIRC he has done a quad before, and quads tend mean multiple weeks missed.

1 Like

I saw a journo tweet today that Ambrose to come back.

Not sure if they meant in the next 2-3 weeks or next week.

Apparently he was concerned coming off the warm up and wasn’t like Bellchambers limping off the ground etc so could just be a 1 weeker

Sounds like a case of the new medical buzzword of “awareness”.
Hopefully that’s the case as it’ll mean he’s likely to play next week.

Better to advise coaches of “awareness” and lose 1 or 2 games than do a full blown 6 week quad.

1 Like

Or like Zaka’s 6 weeker that turned into 12.