#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

I’m up to 10 weeks with my flare up to an undisclosed injury so I’m happy to get on board with letting coaches know you’re no good :joy:

You might have to be careful with some coaches. Chris Heffernan told Neale Daniher his groin was borderline rooted and was greeted very unsympathetically. Had to play and damaged it further.

Melbourne days, of course. And some players will play regardless of how injured they are.

Matthew Lloyd was clearly hampered before the big hamstring but still played. He didn’t join in training the previous training and just did goal kicking at half rat power.

I think you missed the “f*cken” part.

1 Like

Confirmed as 3-4 weeks

rip in peace paddy

see you next season

Oh bother!

He always gets injured mid year.

Normally a quad too isn’t it?

If it’s truly only 3-4 weeks. With the exception of Ben Brown we aren’t facing a star key toward over those weeks. So I think (hope) we can manage

Signs new contract.

Does quad before the next game.

I see you’ve played Essington before.

7 Likes

If it really is 3-4 we can handle that…
Bellys injury is the main concern

1 Like

Member that time that Tex Walker beat up on Hurley so bad in a half of footy that he was banished from taking the best forwards for the next year and Ambrose had to be moved onto Walker to stop the bleeding?

Who gonna save Hurls now?

Fit for selection this week vs Adelaide apparently.

Great news.
Fantastic news.

16 Likes

Great ■■■■■■ news!!

Ended up being 3 weeks, that’s definitely quicker than I anticipated. Such an important player, can only imagine Ben Brown kicking a max of 3 goals if he was on him last weekend.

1 Like

They did say it was a strain. I would imagine a tear would be season ending.

Great to have him back, sorely needed this week!

1 Like

Think of strain to tear as a sliding scale rather than a cut and dry line (with regards to management and time frame).

1 Like

I hope we aren’t rushing him back sooner than expected due to our injury situation at the moment but judging by Crowe’s track record this season, I’d say that is exactly what is being done.

2 Likes

If he was rushed back, you think Crowe would be the one making the call? If it were up to him he’d hold them all over for an extra 3 weeks because his number one priority is keeping them fit.

2 Likes

I don’t think they are rushing him back.

It would be 22 days since the incident and from all reports was super minor

1 Like

Yep agree. They originally said 3 weeks so right on track. Hooker will be fine too. He was just cramping.