#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

I think Ambo needs to go back to the vfl and learn to play as an actual forward bring him back when he is having 4-5 shots a game on average The things he does are great team orientated acts but he has to be more damaging

Leading onto this, if he can work on his craft in the 2nds for a few weeks we can see if his defensive acts are missed by the senior team. Right now I think playing a second ruckman is more critical to the team than having a defensive style forward

I think Ambo needs to go back to the vfl and learn to play as an actual forward bring him back when he is having 4-5 shots a game on average
The things he does are great team orientated acts but he has to be more damaging

Sorry, but i just dont see it with this bloke

He tackles. He runs. But doesn’t offer enough. Sorry but im calling it, plodder. I dont see where he will improve. He’s not a good mark and doesn’t find enough of it. We need dangerous options up forward, surely its time to look at edwards

Like a lot of guys on our list he has really good game, then follows it up by going unnoticed for 1 or 2 weeks. Howlett is another one who comes to mind.

I am sure they are still doing a lot of the things that go unnoticed but we need blokes to have a bigger impact when we actually have the ball. Unless that is their role and it is our ball winners which are letting us down.
My mate knows someone who is involved with the VFL team and each player has specific roles, some which don’t require them amazing large amounts of possession. He made the comment to me, that Ambrose was one of those guys as he is supposed to do more defensive work, which is great but to me last night he was a non factor and would have been better which Smack giving Bellend a chop out in the ruck

Sorry, but i just dont see it with this bloke

He tackles. He runs. But doesn’t offer enough. Sorry but im calling it, plodder. I dont see where he will improve. He’s not a good mark and doesn’t find enough of it. We need dangerous options up forward, surely its time to look at edwards

What is Ambroses correct height and weight? It say on the EFC website that hes 185 cms and 77kgs. Hes bigger than that surely.

Plays tall.

AFL Record has him listed at 193cm and 92kg.

Big guy like this that has a huge tank is a very difficult match up.

What is Ambroses correct height and weight? It say on the EFC website that hes 185 cms and 77kgs. Hes bigger than that surely.

That’s his size before he gets on the field.

Size after he runs out:

That’s was his birth weight and size. Is bigger now.

"He's a tall person." - Sam Lane MD

LOL!

“He’s a tall person.” - Sam Lane MD

He’s large for his size.

AFL Record has him listed at 193cm and 92kg.

He is surprisingly tall.

182 & 68

Ambrose “The Humiliator” was instrumental in helping us win the game. What’s all this whining about an incidental free kick? Had the free been paid we might not have won.

Incorrect disposal? Yes. Good umpiring regardless? Yes. If the umpire had have called it he would have been making some big assumptions. The assumptions may have been right but he was in no position to make them. Squib Murphey doesn’t get pinged for the same thing 3 times a game.

Quoted Post
Any reason why the Ambrose tackle wasn't paid as holding the ball? Hill threw the ball out. It wasn't knocked out in the tackle.

Hawthorn were very very “lucky” about 15 times we tackled them in the last, that the ball just happened to be “knocked out” of the tackle at exactly the same moment they had a team-mate running past, and it “luckily” landed straight in their laps. What are the chances?
Hill was clearly looking around for a team-mate around before he dropped it. Had clear control of the ball, Ambrose’ tackle didn’t really pin his arms too effectively.

It’s good coaching by them, the rule isn’t really all that clear IMHO what is dropped vs what is knocked out vs what is a throw, they make the absolute most of that grey area.

Agree with this though. Saw them do that a number of times. Don’t think it happened here, there was no one to “drop” it too.

Edit: Dont want to labor this, coz it’s really all “whatever, we won”, but, looking again, I just realised he only “drops” it, when he realises he’s going down, on his back, & hard, and he tries to get the only arm he could do, behind him to take a bit off the body slam he knows is coming … in the end his judgement on that was pretty spot on. Has he gotten up yet?

I re-watched the game yesterday and went over this. Other than kicking, he could’ve done abso-■■■■■■-lutely anything he wanted, while Ambrose was tackling him.
He had both arms free (and he kept them free rather than using them to cushion his fall), he looked left, he looked right. And took about 3-4 steps basically in that situation.
Incorrect any day of the week.

Watching tuff guy Hodge squib the contest with Ambrose at the last ball-up says it all, the guys a beast.