#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
The attempts to not call him Paddy are amusing. Patty still not cutting it.

Amby is gay and sounds like Bambi.

Ambo works for me.

It’s the shortened version of ambulance which seems appropriate for where he puts his opposition!

AMBO!

Also resembles Rambo! Doe could no doubt do some handy photoshopping there.

Not sure about the Ambo tag, too altruistic sounding. I say bugger it, lets go all the way and call him:

RAMBOSE!

Actually an anagram of Ambrose.

Don’t mind it.

Am-Bruise (“Bruiser”) was posted earlier also good.

Or we could think a bit more laterally…

Howlett is called Bobcat as he just smashes in and under.

Ambrose is more of just a head (split open week before) and shoulder charging beast… Kind of like…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Any reason why the Ambrose tackle wasn't paid as holding the ball? Hill threw the ball out. It wasn't knocked out in the tackle.

No prior, ball knocked loose in tackle

As I said. The ball was knocked out. Prior opportunity is irrelevant when you dispose of it incorrectly.

“Incorrect disposal” is one they often let slide. Hardly ever gets paid anymore, most of the time they just let it go

Quoted Post

The attempts to not call him Paddy are amusing. Patty still not cutting it.

Amby is gay and sounds like Bambi.

Ambo works for me.

It’s the shortened version of ambulance which seems appropriate for where he puts his opposition!

AMBO!

Also resembles Rambo! Doe could no doubt do some handy photoshopping there.

Not sure about the Ambo tag, too altruistic sounding. I say bugger it, lets go all the way and call him:

RAMBOSE!

Actually an anagram of Ambrose.

Ambo. He’s waiting to deliver you to the emergency ward.

Quoted Post

What do we have so far?

Patty
Ambo
Tank Ambrose
Tank Ambo
Tank
The Beast

Think we need some more suggestions.

Am-BRUISE

Quoted Post

JUST IN: Rumours of a man seeing floating in the North Atlantic ocean after locals in Nova Scotia were alerted by a mini-tsunami caused by an under water earthquake from other side of the world.

Was the mans clothing covered in poo and wee, like he’d soiled himself?

I think Bomba said it best

Quoted Post

What do we have so far?

Patty
Ambo
Tank Ambrose
Tank Ambo
Tank
The Beast

Let’s call him ‘Ambo’s’ as in Ambulance, as everyone he runs through may end up needing one!!!

Found this on FB, so credit to the uploader.

Quoted Post

In fairness, as Saladin correctly points out, the umpire was blindsided.
Bring in four more umps and they’d still be on the wrong side.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
A bit of a surprise... According to the AFL website, Ambo is top in squats and deadlifts in the gym, while Hooker bench presses the most. Wrf ! . An endurance athlete that also tops several types of weight lifting in the club. Amazing.

Those numbers are pretty irrelevant imo
Given Ambrose’s background (coming from outside the typical AFL pathway) it’s not surprising his gym lifts are better as he has probably trained those lifts more than the AFL guys
Completely off topic, but Sav Rocca had a 260kg+ deadlift as a teen

Yes BB, I agree all that endurance athlete, beep test 16.3, top dead-lift stuff is irrelevant. What matters is, does he help the team to win games, relative to other player alternatives . His contract runs to 2016. If he is no longer in the team or regarded as “not required”, he will be delisted or traded.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
It's not just that he didn't have time ... it's that once he grabbed it, he's instantly tackled and his arms are totally pinned, so he has no chance, & no way to dispose of the ball, & ultimately loses hold of it while being shunted backwards like a landrover hitting a wheelie bin.

BD, not correct, as the shot shows. His arms were not pinned, he had opportunity to dispose of the ball from within the tackle. He did not attempt to and dropped it, so it was a free kick, it was also a very fair , if brutal tackle, the player had his arms free to protect his head and neck.

Exactly at, prior opportunity only applies to holding the ball. If Hill had have kept the footy it would have been ball up. Since he didn’t he had to dispose of it correctly and didn’t. Free everyday of the week.

This.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
A bit of a surprise... According to the AFL website, Ambo is top in squats and deadlifts in the gym, while Hooker bench presses the most. Wrf ! . An endurance athlete that also tops several types of weight lifting in the club. Amazing.

Given Ambrose’s background (coming from outside the typical AFL pathway) it’s not surprising his gym lifts are better as he has probably trained those lifts more than the AFL guys

Gym lifts are one thing but to have elite endurance as well.

Thats remarkable for a barman

Quoted Post

What do we have so far?

Patty
Ambo
Tank Ambrose
Tank Ambo
Tank
The Beast

Quoted Post

I heard a great story about Paddy last night from one of the players. Apparently about 8 minutes into the match, one of the fitness staff had noticed Frawley on all fours and out of breath. They were surprised as he is considered an endurance runner. Anyway they looked at Paddy's GPS data, as he had been playing on Frawley, and supposedly Paddy had run 2.1km in the first 8 minutes and completely blew Frawley up.

The players seem to love this bloke.

Turns out today that Frawley’s “injury” wasn’t as bad as first thought. So, with that knowledge, I’m going to suggest that Frawley thought “Bugger this. This prick’s huge and runs all day, I’m out.”

Also, I’ve seen the possible nicknames being tossed around. I’m advocating we call him Tank Ambrose.

Quoted Post

I heard a great story about Paddy last night from one of the players. Apparently about 8 minutes into the match, one of the fitness staff had noticed Frawley on all fours and out of breath. They were surprised as he is considered an endurance runner. Anyway they looked at Paddy's GPS data, as he had been playing on Frawley, and supposedly Paddy had run 2.1km in the first 8 minutes and completely blew Frawley up.

The players seem to love this bloke.

That’s awesome. Mean opposition team will now have to play with a running defender on him who he will monster in the contest. Imagine if we had Ambrose and Crameri as our HFFs, would be impossible to match up in them!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
It's not just that he didn't have time ... it's that once he grabbed it, he's instantly tackled and his arms are totally pinned, so he has no chance, & no way to dispose of the ball, & ultimately loses hold of it while being shunted backwards like a landrover hitting a wheelie bin.

BD, not correct, as the shot shows. His arms were not pinned, he had opportunity to dispose of the ball from within the tackle. He did not attempt to and dropped it, so it was a free kick, it was also a very fair , if brutal tackle, the player had his arms free to protect his head and neck.

Exactly at, prior opportunity only applies to holding the ball. If Hill had have kept the footy it would have been ball up. Since he didn’t he had to dispose of it correctly and didn’t. Free everyday of the week.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Who's Ambo going to clean up this weekend people?

That Dropkick Murphy.

Ship him out to Boston?

Well he certainly won’t Stand Up and Fight.