#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Will line up on Gunston round 1

, limit him to 1 goal from a “free kick Hawthorn”, crunch Brad Hill’s replacement, protect Fantasa and Parish, only have 6 loopy possessions without a clanger and still get crucified.

And Gunston will be labelled as “rusty” by the usual media dickheads.

1 Like
I think Ambrose is good but also, I don't.

Did I do it right?

No because you said that you “think”. That sort of carry on will never cut it around here

Tim Watson gave Ambrose a great wrap on Monday SEN. one of the best lock down defenders in 2016.

Tim Watson gave Ambrose a great wrap on Monday SEN. one of the best lock down defenders in 2016.

Jon Ralph is even more gushing in his praise , ( I didnt think a 25 year old could be a rising star ) but then adds some perspective.

"“…Just one little question mark for the Pies. Darcy Moore had four disposals playing on Paddy Ambrose who is going to be one of the absolute rising stars of the competition,” the Herald Sun journalist said on SEN’s The Run Home.

“I know Travis Cloke had to move on but did they also have to get sort of a punching bag in – a player who the best defender would play on?

“Paddy Ambrose isn’t an Alex Rance, he is not (Daniel) Talia - those blokes are just going to suck the living life out of Darcy Moore…"

Surprised Ralph even knows who Ambrose is tbh.

Probably thinks he’s an 18 y/old first year player lol

You realize Ralphy was handed our number 1 jumper right?

If that’s the Ralph quote I’m 100% certain he meant that Moore was one of the rising stars of the comp.

That makes more sense.

Even a muppet gets it right occasionally.

You realize Ralphy was handed our number 1 jumper right?

I’ve seen a few people reference this and complain and maybe I have missed something along the myriad of blitz cliques and in jokes, but people are aware that he wasn’t given a jumper … he won it in a media kicking competition.
It’s a fluffy token thing but from what I see, plenty are getting their panties in a twist about the club giving out jumpers to dickheads in the media

Anyway, good job Ambrose

1 Like

Guys…go easy… Ralphy knows a lot. He even knows that Paddy is a firefighter-turned-AFL player.

If that's the Ralph quote I'm 100% certain he meant that Moore was one of the rising stars of the comp.

I heard Ralph say this on radio. It is quoted verbatim in the printed article. You might be right. If so, it just shows how some so called journalists are sometimes unable to put a mouthful of words together to express what they mean.

Destroyed Moore who I rate as one of the best young forwards in the game.

Even a muppet gets it right occasionally.

A broken clock is right twice a day. But, not in his case.

Ambrose is good. You need an Ambrose. What he lacks in finess he more than makes up for in harassing and scaring the ■■■■ out of good forwards.

Ambrose is good. You need an Ambrose. What he lacks in finess he more than makes up for in harassing and scaring the ■■■■ out of good forwards.

Yep

Tim is right Ambrose won’t give you offence but what he will give you is negating the best forward.

The same Blitzers who are whingeing about Ambrose now, were whingeing about Cale Hooker five years ago. They didn't understand backline work then and the've learnt nothing about it in the meantime.

Like Hooksy, Paddy’s going nowhere: he’s too valuable to us.

I’m pretty sure the knocks on hooker where injury related and specifically did the hammies cripple him ( um you know like they did pears).

Hooker always had the smarts and intercept marking however.
Ambrose doesn’t.

I rate Ambrose and think if they can find a spot for him that’d be great, and i hope he develops into a player.
It shouldn’t be as a key defender though, as he just isn’t smart enough essentially to cover his inexperience atm.
He may be able to stop his opponent in a contest, but once the ball hits the ground, again he just doesn’t have the composure that’s needed down there.

That and hurley, hooker and hartley should be above him in the pecking order, and rightly so.
If he plays rd 1, as a kpd, then either one of the 3 above are injured, or it raises a serious red flag about worsfold IMO.

He may be able to stop his opponent in a contest, but once the ball hits the ground, again he just doesn't have the composure that's needed down there.

That’s what Hurley,Hartley,Gleeson are used for.