#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

He was good.

And physical.

Might have found an appropriate position.

Gunston was playing???

18 Likes

Ambrose is a good old fashioned unit. Tough and focused- and just what we need in defence. With Hurley/Kelly/Baguley/Gleeson /McGrath down back, it’s good to have a rock amongst the attacking group.

3 Likes

I thought Ambrose was immense. And that is irrespective of his opponent. But if he played on Gunston all night, then that is one of the all time smashing!
Huge game

3 Likes

Sensational tonight. More of that and continued improvement please

Flaming tremendous.

1 Like

Played pretty much as l expected him to. Gets the job done, no fuss, gets few plaudits.

4 Likes

Just settled all the Blitz speculation tonight.

Best 22. Defender.

3 Likes

Played really well tonight.

Negated his opponent well and wasn’t a total liability going forward either.

1 Like

Ironing out Breust in the 1st qtr and then giving him a push to go with it as he tries to stand up. Nice.

He is a Machine. Stick him on a player and he will wear him like a glove. Good to see that he is starting to hurt them on the rebound.

7 Likes

Didnt just beat his opponent, destroyed his opponent. He is a machine

He destroyed Gunston so completely I actually asked myself the same question 20 minutes into the last. I actually started to think maybe Gunston didn’t play.

4 Likes

I honestly didn’t think Gunston was playing from level 4. This now explains it, he’s a fkg machine!

2 Likes

Gunston did SFA and in previous years has really hurt us. Well done Paddy! I thought Brown would provide better balance to the back line but that was a great game by Ambrose.

2 Likes

I honestly thought that Gunston was a late withdrawal and that I missed it being announced on the scoreboard before the match.

Ambrose was excellent, even holding a couple of overhead marks which impressed me.

3 Likes

Not only did he destroy Gunston but he did a fair bit, couple of good marks, and some nice kicks. The guy works so hard, and deserves his spot in 22. Very Very impressed.

6 Likes

MMM ‘awarded’ Gunston as the worst player for the match.

12 Likes

Just guessing - but I reckon if his teammates voted on the player they would most prefer to have lining up next to them, it would be this guy in a canter. Love him.

My boy. Called it from early last year.

2 Likes

Outstanding game on Gunston. Credit where it’s due - absolutely demolished the lanky dweeb. Completely forgot he was playing until he got a few cheapies late.

1 Like