#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Bit harsh. I’ve seen him move quicker than a canter, oh, at least twice.

Excellent game in the ruck.

6 Likes

Brown might appear more composed, but Paddy has got him beat for presence. I would take Ambrose 9 times out of 10 over Brown, who is no slouch in defence.

3 Likes

One of the most underrated players at essendon. Can use his elite running to blanket the oppositions most mobile forward and he hits people like nobody else in our team can. Took quite a few intercept marks and got a fair bit of the ball today. If he can keep improving that side of his game he’s definitely a lock in the best 22 in my opinion. I’d definitely select him before Brown.

1 Like

Taken over from baggers as the human glove!

Guns tan has always dined out of either outmarking small guys who were put on him to counter his running or working bigger players into the ground. Neither of those qualities are an advantage against Ambrose who is bigger and can match him on the run.

Quality game from a machine who will be a lock for the 22 for years to come.

2 Likes

Do ya think Woosha would look at Paddy and go, “that’s my boy”?

1 Like

What? Not in the ruck where Woosha named him?

I love Paddy as much as anyone but you guys surely can’t think we’re going to believe that Gunston was out there last night?

9 Likes

This best 22 thing is making me giggle. Based on his last 15 games I would suggest his position gets debated in the team as much Zach Merrett’s - it just doesn’t!

Picks himself. He is a rock. When was he last beaten?

5 Likes

He makes his team mates walk taller in his presence.

Just runs over the top of players when he has the ball (Breust, there it was…)

4 Likes

Runs over the top of them, when they have the ball also.

1 Like

ALL ABOARD!

9 Likes

Great game last night. Certainly proving me very wrong.

Always plays well when he is no.1 ruck.

4 Likes

That first minute where he knocks a tackler silly, then goes back and dismissively pushes him over as he struggles back to his feet :heart:

12 Likes

He was great last night regardless, but just watching the replay it certainly seems like he was matched up on Schoenmakers at least for the first half?

1 Like

Absolutely crushed it last night, intercepted, beat his opponent, hit bodies, hit targets. Get the feeling woosh loves to have a guy like that down back

5 Likes

His best game for the club. Really good game, comprehensively beat one of the better forwards in the comp.

Was it just me or did anyone else think he has developed a touch more ‘attacking’ thinking to his game. Still played as the human blanket but I just had the gut feeling that he was a little more keen to keep the ball in play/to an attacking option rather than just kill it everytime.

Sort of felt he played 95/5 for defence/attack rather than his usual 100 defence.

4 Likes

CHOKE ME DADDY

1 Like