#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

It was breust toowhich made it even better. A short while later he landed very heavily after a marking contest with Gleeson. Handy little moments to help ease McGrath in.

Agree. He is also going for intercept marks when in the past he never would.

1 Like

Wrong site, man.

6 Likes

Paddy Rambro’s

That’s what you think.

Will be AA

2 Likes

Like the fact that forwards will look at who they have next and fear his name.

So, anyone doubting he’s part of our best 22 now?

3 Likes

■■■■■■ norah

1 Like

Full credit to Harvs

He has coached Ambrose from an athletic freak with no position into a solid lockdown defender. And even better it appears he is slowly building an intercept/attacking part of his game.

This is what good coaches do,turn a rough around the edges talent into a ■■■■■■ good footballer.

8 Likes

That’s what i was thinking, i can’t think of a game in defence where you wouldn’t have given him the points. Even on guns like Lynch and Reiwoldt. I’d say he is our go to defender for the big jobs now.

I sometimes wondered if Ambrose could jump. He just doesnt seem to cut it as a ruckman.

Answer, he can.

1 Like

RACIST.

1 Like

Sure that’s Ambo??

Looks more like Harts.

2 Likes

Looks like Hartley for sure. The fist.

Could be Ambrose behind him though but no where near as elevated

1 Like

Just checked the replay, I’m 99% sure that’s Ambrose. Hurley is behind him.

Yep, made me just check myself, … 100% is the Bro.

And when you watch it, it confirms Chris’ point in spades, … it’s a great leap.

2 Likes

Ambo it is. Got some hops on him.

1 Like

I enjoyed the contest in the 4th on the members side wing when he was running toward two Hawks players. The bloke that was receiving the ball had to wait a moment before the ball got to him, and Ambrose was closing fast. The Essendon crowd went “oooooo” in anticipation of the collision and expectation of the crunch, knowing it was Ambrose doing the defending. It was a sound sort of like a crowd at a smash up derby just before one car writes off another.

On this occasion it was avoided, but I had a chuckle to myself and cast my mind back to blokes like Andrews, Duckworth, Wallis and Barnard. Loved it.

5 Likes

They all look the same to me.

1 Like