#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

And you will know Hartley by the amount of tape around his shoulders.

1 Like

RACIST

(more ambrose really)

3 Likes

Ambruise

5 Likes

He is in my side

That’s what Hill said.

7 Likes

I hardly ever admit I am wrong, mostly because I never am, but Paddy Ambrose is best 22.

I never saw him take a mark overhead before the JLT game vs Cats.

He took more last Saturday and showed he is improving with every game. Because he hits opponents so hard they watch for him, and his foot and hand skills have improved as well.

He took a great one in his debut right before some Norf flog crashed into him

3 Likes

Was that when the ump paid a push against Hardingham? Robbed of a great mark!

2 Likes

He’s turned me around, looks great down back. Not flashy but fckn tough as nails and get the job done every week, reliable in the contest too and his tackling is top notch. I’ll leave the 30 possession rebounding games off the half-back to Goddard or Kelly or Stants.

3 Likes

Yep

No what he did was pick up whichever of Schoenmakers and Gunston (and later Sicily) played as a forward.

Schoenmakers and Gunston were swapping between wing and CHF (in the end Sicily went their really once the game was over).

According to one report, Ambo held McStay to no goals. According to another, he held Bell to no goals
Was Ambo mainly on Bell, or McStay ?. Was he playing man on man or zone defence?

Ambo is so good he was picking up two players and kept both of them goalless.

13 Likes

Another reliable performance, I’d probably chuck him on Wright and shut him down completely.

2 Likes

I think he rotated. Definitely on either at different times.

He’s our #1 key defender. Let that sink in.

11 Likes

Athletically able to go with just about anyone. Knows his limitations so more than happy to go full lock down mode. Valuable.

What does ‘key’ mean these days? Who is our best ‘non-key’ defender?

According to Champion Data, yes this is correct, or and as you say, their classification is Key Defender. #2 is Michael Hurley**, who will soon overtake Ambo, I am fairly sure, because he is way above Ambos pay grade.

** Cale Hooker is now a forward, but CD have not caught up with the facts yet

Our #1 small/medium defender is James Kelly, followed by Marty Gleeson