#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Sorry, smart arsed comment. Coaches no longer talk in positions, they talk in numbers. So the set positions of FF, CHF, HFF etc no longer exist in the professional environment. You just have guys who are playing 1, 5, 16 etc.

1 Like

Does this happen across the board?

Yep. That is the modern way.

1 Like

Was very good today after getting monstered in an early contest by Casboult.

Does he get the job on Tex next week?

Is our best KPP

Hurley will need another preseason to get back his strength and confidence

1 Like

LOVE him running into/through poor bastards!

(Though he should point the resultant flying bodies away from Hurley’s head!)

8 Likes

He’s our number 1 defender right now

4 Likes

Human wrecking ball.

Should have sent him forward in last quarter to clean out Carlton’s spare. Sheeds would have done it.

Sheedy would’ve started him on Cripps.

2 Likes

Except instead of starting in the centre hes on the edge of the square.

Should have had a stint on the ball. His type of weather. Needed his strength many times.

1 Like

Credit where it’s due. Ambrose has become a very solid defender after failing to make an impact as a forward, or unsurprisely as a ruckman.

extra credit is given when the rest of your team plays like fairies and you are laying out hits and taking the game on

5 Likes

Honestly I love him.

Watching him throw his weight around is so so so good.

5 Likes

I like him, but jeeze i get worried when the coaches insist of playing him on the gorilla forwards.

B.O.G.

1 Like

This bloke is a dead set assassin. One of the best exponents of the hip and shoulder I’ve ever seen. Superb effort today.

7 Likes

Plays like he actually wants to win.

3 Likes

Hoping he gets AA honours but he doesent have a high enough profile with the ■■■■■■■■ media who select the team. I wanted him delisted at the end of 2015. Hes now a godsend for us.

He is elite in the art of neutral violence
RIP Jacob Weitering
RIP Brad Hill

3 Likes