#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

The definition of a kick quoted by you refers to “disposing of the ball”.
Paddy didn’t dispose it, he retained possession, and hence the mark.
By the way it’s by no means the first or only time such a mark has been paid over the years, and the umps have regularly paid them.
Sorry but you’re het up about a decision that went our way?

1 Like

Plz point out any contradictory or alternative findings you’ve made from reading the AFL laws that would suggest the ball striking someone’s foot doesn’t count as a disposal for the purposes of a mark, scoring shot or out of bounds on the full

Have you read the rules for how you can touch the ball after it goes out of bounds, Eastie?

There are certain rules they don’t even pretend to enforce (which is not a bad thing in that case, though the better solution would be to re-draft the rule instead with something like “do not unreasonably delay”…)

Ambrose is now our number 1 key defender. Was primed for a job on lynch but had to be moved onto Walker and he cut the angles and bodied up Walker reducing his impact in 2nd half.

This week
Ambrose to Moore
Hurley to J.white

1 Like

Yeah I did read that lol

He’s been magnificent this year, doesn’t give an inch. I hope he polls highly in the B&F. Credit to him because I thought he was toast a year back when he couldn’t crack the seniors.

4 Likes

■■■■■■ brilliant last night. I thought he was cooked in late 2015. Kudos Paddy!

l always thought he was worth persevering with. It took a while for the coaching staff to find his niche, but his guts and toughness stand out.

Moore is the new Cloke. Filth Bronx cheered him whenever he butchered the ball

it’s paid a mark based on the sheer skill and balls to attempt and pull it off.

whatta guy

2 Likes

It’s in your own section as mentioned. Just because you interpret a grey wording one way doesn’t mean the rest of us do.

There is no grey.
A kick is any contact between the ball and a players foot, ankle or shin.
You cannot mark your own kick.
The ball hit Ambrose on the foot then he caught it, ergo by the rules as defined by the AFL it should NOT have been paid a mark. Anyone who thinks otherwise has basically made up other rules, clauses or exceptions to try and justify the decision.

2 Likes

What a find

Just love that paddy is no fuss, gets the job done and really wants to hurt the opposition. Go paddy!

Playing better than Hurley for the last 4 weeks and probably getting paid 1/4th of what he is on.

1 Like

Marks his own kicks. Our Dempsey replacement.

5 Likes

Ol’ Party Tricks Ambrose. He really is the Harlem Globetrotter of the EFC

‘Minor quad injury’ = 4 weeks out.

Pr!cks of things.

1 Like

So this and Brown opens the door for Hartley and…?

Dea.

Bring back last season’s defense,