#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

What a great find from the ammos. He and farkin Crammers from nowhere for nothing.

Chad Sexington

3 Likes

Maybe he thinks that too, and didnā€™t want to sign so long

Congratulations Paddy, nice to see you relaxed and smiling after having contracts given out a year at a time.

Letā€™s hope you are an elite attacking/lock down defender when your next contract comes up in 2020, and you have to fight back offers from around the AFL.

3 Likes

And one of the nicest guys to talk to as well. Good on him!

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what I was thinking. All the quotes in the article read a bit ā€œworkedā€ and not very natural.

Iā€™m sure the sentiment is correct though.

Patty Mills says hi

1 Like
1 Like

McGrath has lost weight since round 1!*

*Thatā€™s the joke

3 Likes

can watch it 10 times and still find it hard to believeā€¦ he rams him a good 7-8 meters at lighting pace. like being hit by a freight train

Itā€™s better seeing the after effects

1 Like

Well done Paddy Ambrose and another big tick to Essendon player development. As an aside, he always seems a bit taller than his listed height - he really is a huge man up close. Iā€™d have him at 194 - taller than Mick Hurley.

EDIT Listed height is 193 thatā€™s probably about right- I thought it was lower.

1 Like

Yeah he used to be listed as about 180cm, everyone knew he was way tallerā€¦

Great to see he has impressed, canā€™t wait to see the finished product.

http://imgur.com/vxQYPPt

15 Likes

Paddy gonna get ya

7 Likes

6 Likes

You little beauty!

Thatā€™s a good point. I wonder who else is giving their side considerable value at a lower price pointā€¦ donā€™t imagine Heath Grundy is on big money.

Interested to see how well he rounds his game out in terms of adding that attacking side. Pre-injury you could already see him going for the intercept mark more and thatā€™s positive. Has some great mentors in Hooker, Hurley and Harvs to guide him to elite level.

Pretty sure his start to last season wasnā€™t immense.