#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Ambrose hasn’t played for what 11 odd weeks ?
He isn’t an automatic anything.

And man a 4-5 weeks period of decent footy has never been as hyped up around here as this has been.
Hell it puts the gumby and johns exaggerations to shame.

Thank God someone said it. Thought I was going to have to be “that guy” again.

1 Like

5 weeks and a fair chunk of last year.

He was pretty good towards the end of last season too

But yeah I’d give him a run in the seconds before putting him in the firsts
11 weeks is a long time out

2 Likes

It’s not even a question. He plays VFL if only because he won’t be playing a whole game. I’d say he plays half to 3/4 this week, a whole game next week then senior selection if the form is there

1 Like

Yep - there’s a bit of JoeDan about him.

1 Like

Neither did Hurley for the six minutes he spent on him, who conceded two marks and two goals.

1 Like

No-one is suggesting that he comes straight back in after a half season double quad injury. Don’t create imaginary positions to argue against.

2 Likes

A fit Ambrose is in our top 10 players and in his last 15 matches he would have kept the games best fwds to under a goal a game. Gun.

I actually think you play all 3 big guys down back and agree with the poster that Hartley and Ambrose are tough to play in the same side. But what we need to do is dial up Hartleys creativity 10% because he is playing more offensively on the number 1 fwd now than he was at times earlier in the year on the number 2 fwds.

Who does he replace??? Tough question.

I don’t think it’s like for like. I think you shift the magnets. A midfielder or fwd comes out of the side and Kelly / Gleeson rotate on a wing / half back. Perhaps Trav Colyer spends more time fwd and thus Green comes out…

I’d argue he is not top 10 and our midfield is the weakest part of our list. Taking a midfielder out is the last thing you would do.
Barring injury Ambrose and Hartley are competing for the same spot. I’d suggest at full fitness Ambrose gets the nod.

hurley is never going forward again. let it go.

3 Likes

I wasn’t saying… I mean, it’s not that…

Shut up.

Edit: kicked a nice goal on the weekend… Just sayin

2 Likes

remember, persistence beats resistance.

He’ll come back into the side pretty quickly. Every coach he has ever played for has loved him, and I cannot see Worsfold being any different.

Of course they’ll bring him back through the VFL.

All we’ll see is Hurley modify his role.

Please bring Ambrose back through the two’s. If he is good enough he will work his way toward selection.

Paddy Ram bro’s

Sshh, Sshh, don’t mention the war, it doesn’t fit the narrative

3 Likes

Fit and available for a full match.

2 Likes

Straight back in please. Was easily out best defender in the first month.

1 Like

What a wonderful problem to have. Needs to play 2 games in the VFL before we have to decide. Two weeks is a long time in footy.

" Selection pressure" means everyone is on notice.