#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

was ok. had to be picked with next week in mind.

1 Like

Looked underdone but that is very understandable after so long out.

We got away with giving him a warmup at less than full ability, so (for once) kudos to the selectors.

1 Like

Insert 16 players names in here and put in their individual threads

I’m really liking Ambrose back in the team. Apart from perhaps Baguley, he seems to move quickest towards body contact, particularly in the air. I reckon he loves it. I think it makes the team stronger through his example.

Gotten better every week too.

Based on what I saw last week, should be real close to pre injury form this week, … if not next.

Cale said that Ambrose nick name is CROSSFIT, because he is so fit

Ambo named at chb, but being a rebound defender is not normally his role. I suspect the rebound role normally taken by HUrls will need to be mainly undertaken by BJ Baggers and Kel.

It will be interestimg to see how much, if any rebound we get from Ambo and that will tell us a bit more about where he is at, and where the coaches see him as being at.

1 Like

Not sure he did a lot else but when he shoved that bloke over in the middle was great.

He does run into people a lot.

3 Likes

He loves to tackle. Bless him.

4 Likes

Need a lot more of that. Not just the tackles, but making sure the bloke knows h got rambosed.

Thought he had a real impact spoiling all the way up into the centre square, I got a bit nervous thinking “whose locking down your man?” but he was great.
Got a big wrap from Hooker and TBC for being the fittest player, most likely to be on Aussie Ninja etc, apparently he’s just the best at everything, which is great to have around the club.

1 Like

According to the tracker on the AFL live app, he covered the most ground of any player from either team with 15.8km. Hepp our only other player in the top 5 with 14.6

8 Likes

Working his way into form. Still some way to go. Great to have him back.

Love me dem 7 possies 10 blokes Paddy caked out games, we’ve lacked that sort of non baguely esque legal agro around the ground

The players walk taller with this machine on the field.

10 Likes

They’re not even trying anYmore

1 Like

NLM’s birthday?

1 Like

Want him to farking suffocate and outmuscle whoever he plays on next Sat.

If he succeeds and we win- will have a place in my heart for keeps.

In a long season, he should be fit n firing.

Smash em Ambo

1 Like

He could v well be the difference between us winning our 1st final in an eternity and going home… how well he keeps Buddy at bay…

1 Like

Too slow for buddy today, and apart from having a big body and good endurance doesn’t offer much. Should be playing vfl next year.