#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

2 weeks is very optimistic for scaphoid given poor blood flow which impacts healing - I think more like 4-6 personally hope I’m wrong.

4 Likes

isnt the scaphoid the same injury that hurley always got? his was never a 2-4 week injury, had his hand in bandages for yonks

bags hartley hurley

saad hooker mckenna

zaka hepp mcg

tippa jd stringer

goddard stewart begley

belly zerrett smith

redman smack mcniece myers

assuming parish ambrose fanta mutch ridley out inj.

I hope it’s not one of those years, injuries pulling up already.

Fark…perfect match up for Lynch

IMG_2324

5 Likes

It depends on the size of the break. The problem with the scaphoid is that the blood vessels don’t run fully through the bone like they do in other bones. If the break severs the blood vessel then it’s very possible for the other side of the break to have no blood-flow and then turn necrotic. I fractured the scaphoid in my left wrist snowboarding in Canada many years ago and was fortunate for it to be a small break that didn’t affect the blood flow to the bone. It still took six weeks in a cast for it to heal, so I agree that 2 weeks is very optimistic. It’s also the exact type of injury that you don’t want for someone who is very reliant on punching the ball away from opponents.

1 Like

Exactly…would’ve run with Lynch perfectly

Farken hell

Is Brown any chance?

Otherwise Hooker to CHB?

No dramas. Scaphoid bone isn’t that serious and probably won’t have any medium or long term problems…

1 Like

AFL website said Brown is not ready to play yet.

This is informative. Interesting the screw is required. At best it would seem 6 weeks in a cast. Plus maybe 2 weeks in the VFL= Round 8

When I did mine, the doctor at the hospital took one look at me and said “snowboarder?”. Apparently a very common injury for snowboarding as it happens when you fall forward and put your hands out to brace yourself as you land. If the angle is just so - crack. Also happens a lot for older folks when they trip and fall forward. I didn’t need surgery luckily, but it’s a bugger of an injury.

Then again, I don’t have superpowers like Patrick Ambrose, so he might be ok sooner than I was.

■■■■■■■ hell

So now

Colyer - 6 more weeks
Laverde - 6
Brown - 2
Fantasia - 2
Ambrose - 6
Francis - whenevers
Mutch - 4
Gleeson - 10

Wtf. Did you just make that up?

1 Like

Where did you pull that from? Your ■■■■?

No way he’s back in 2 with a scaphoid. I’d say 6-8 mínimum. Bugger.

Parish, Myers?

Few injuries! No more or less than any other team.

Great test of our character and depth.

Bring the season on!

Parish is training today. No sign of Myers.

My prediction