#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

What’s a bloke even need a wrist for FFS.

Oh. Err, carry on.

1 Like

How is it a stretch? To me, it is a fairly easy conclusion (albeit, a presumption) to draw upon. Particularly if you consider Justin Crows comments. He fell on his outstretched hand - presumably - this could be because he was trying to make a tackle. That, to me, could be representative of the effort provided at training.

I reckon, a slight disappointment would be losing Round 1.

Losing to Adelaide would be a massive disappointment. If we want to be a good team, these are games we should be winning

Our draw to start the season is brutal. We are at home, very winnable game. If we rock up to the game with the right attitude- ready to apply pressure all over the ground. We can beat them.

Edit: damn, I posted in the wrong thread

4 Likes

That’s OK
You’re not the first bloke called Robbo writing about footy to completely miss the topic.

7 Likes

RIP

We need this guy back. Saw him at the VFL game with a tiny adhesive strip on the back of his hand. My son had a scaphoid fracture and was in plaster for 6 weeks all up. The screw is a major improvement in treatment for this injury and hopefully reduces healing time significantly.

1 Like

mate ambrose wont improve us one farking iota

1 Like

He would

But it still wouldn’t turn our back 6 into a premiership defence

6 Likes

Love your work Chris on injuries and treatment. Also agree he is critical. Do a premature Doc Larkins and give us a possible return match. Come on be speculative not professional just this time.

3 Likes

Prognosis for scaphoid depends on where the fracture is.
Closer to the thumb the better the blood flow and the much quicker recovery time.
Guy I play footy with is pretty much f*cked going forwards as he broke it nearer the wrist and didn’t have it treated properly.

Watching Brown scuttle about makes me want Ambrose and Gleeson even more.

1 Like

How many week knock to knee?

Ambrose got an infection in the op site.
Was to see the surgeon late last week.
This has restricted his fitness training, so unfortunately a delay.
I’d guess at 4 - 6 weeks from now, but await Tuesday’s update

Available for selection if he can get through training this week.

So Irish goes out for a bite but Paddy comes in

1 Like

Probably should be given 1-2 extra weeks to be conservative and should come in through the VFL . But I suppose we will strap up his wrist and roll the dice. I don’t suppose our defence could get any worse?

2 Likes

Remember the days when he was the most maligned on this board?

#thosewerethedays

He’s 100% someone who would need a game or two in the VFL to get his touch back.

5 Likes

Surely we wouldn’t be rushing Ambrose straight back in, would we?

2 Likes

If he’s passed fit to play he’s fit to play, the wrist will be fine. Regaining touch and form is another thing and on that alone you’d think he needs a week or two in the 2’s.