#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Was just thinking that - handy to have fresh legs for the Dees game.

Dees was the likely plan, … but w/out playing until then, maybe not now.

Surely it’s round related over game itself

Ha, very good question…??

1 Like

Doubt it…it’d be all considered the one round.

1 Like

Patrick Bannedbrose

1 Like

Yeah, quickly realised A Day as part of the suspended round would be nixed.

I don’t see the need for him to be brought straight back in anyway. When was the last time he was in any form?

On the weekend ?

4 Likes

How about AFL form? Mckernan and Merrett normally are okay in the vfl too

Ambrose hasn’t shown any consistent, decent form for a long time. Injury and bad form have plagued him since the start of 2017

It seems the coaches love his work rate, aggression and capacity to keep step with the aerobic forwards of the comp but he is limited in terms of height, rebound and usually gets monstered by the power forwards. I’m not convinced he improves the team when playing but you can be sure when fit, he’ll be one of the first picked.

If Hooker remains back then its a fight between Hartley and Ambrose for the final spot in the backline.

Competition between the two can only be a good thing for the side.

5 Likes

Not the end of the world, he will be a good addition for the Dees game when we need to turnover the tired players. He would be a good matchup for Hogan IMO, one of the few defenders that could follow him everywhere.

…obviously Ambrose to the midfield then.

1 Like

Langford doesn’t like

Patrick Ambrose – Essendon

AFL Victoria’s Match Review Panel charged player Ambrose for engaging in rough conduct (dangerous tackle) against Williamstown player Adam Marcon during the second quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Williamstown and Essendon on Saturday 14th April 2018 at Williamstown Football Ground.

Based on the available video and medical report, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with medium impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a two match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a one match sanction.

Outcome – accepted one match sanction

1 Like

They are very different players. Horses for courses I reckon.

2 Likes

I agree but we don’t really adopt that flexibility at our club.

We have generally stuck to the same setups even when there are very obvious structural differences.

Maybe this swap of Hooker back to the backline may bring about more flexibility. Who knows.

2 Likes

True. And if that is the case I think Ambrose would be the default setting. I know they are keen to get him back

2 Likes

Harvey likes him.