#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

I love this thread. Really sorts the wheat from the Blitz chaff.

Whatā€™s your opinion on Ambrose?

Would have thought that was fairly well-known by those who have been here a while, but I dare say the same as our last 3 coaches,.seeing as they seem to agree with it.

Blokes with his qualities are generally a given in if fit in any side,ā€¦ unless there is no appropriate match up, or another is better suited on the day.

Coaches love players of his ilk.

1 Like

didnā€™t really answer your question tho did he? just regurgitated a belief of what the coachs may think.

2 Likes

If Hartley plays, Ambrose plays.

Regrettably
I have to agree with you
Hooker is a hige loss

No 30 should be given a go
Leave Smack alone to team up with Joe Daniher
Play Draper if TBC is not 100 per cent fit
Give Hams a go

Could that be more wishy washy?

What are his qualities? What do you think his weaknesses are? No appropriate match up or another better suited on the day? Does that mean heā€™s not good enough to make the team?

Has this quote from May 18 aged well? I say yes.

runs all day, benches the most, only matches up on some very specific forwards and burried hill.

2 Likes

Shhhhhh! I wanted to see that from BSD.

:call_me_hand: you guys be stressedā€¦ Iā€™m
backing woosha :call_me_hand: just sit backā€¦ relax :+1:

Well, Ive been over it more than once before, and seriously cbf repeating myself over and over again like some on here.

I truly do abide by the David Byrne ellicited philosophy, ā€¦

ā€œSay something once, ā€¦? Why say it again?ā€

And youā€™ve been around here a fair while,ā€¦ so, ā€¦??

Personally, Iā€™ve found there are distinctly 2 types of people to converse on Aus Rules with, ā€¦ those that have played the game a lot and then maybe at some senoir level, or have Coached, and / or both, ā€¦ and those that havenā€™t.

Also, I have long ago decided that Iā€™m happy to read and or back and forth with the former anytime, but those in the latter catergory, only in person.

Life is way too short. :+1:

Edit; Paddy has all the qualities any Coach would wish every player on his team to have, and will only improve, ā€¦ be integral to the unit, but nevr be a star, and will be in the side if fit, unless there is a very specific reason to be left out,ā€¦ I donā€™t know what else to say.

At any level other than AFL, or even in AFL 20 years ago, heā€™s in every week if fit regardless,

2 Likes

total non-answer.

1 Like

Well that makes you sound like a pretentious wanker. I no longer have any need to discuss football with you because Iā€™m certainly not in the former category. And Iā€™m guessing you probably donā€™t need to snip away at a lot of the other posters because theyā€™d be in the same boat. Although I reckon thereā€™d be a high footy IQ amongst some of the people here even without actual experience.

5 Likes

All good then, :+1:

Also. I was right, you have benn here for ages, 12 years coming up,. . so maybe read some threads, ā€¦

Unfortunately I do read a lot of them. I usually gave you the benefit of the doubt. Disappointingly I stand by my most recent judgement. Iā€™m not sure why you have a superiority complex. But it is certainly there.

Anyway Iā€™ll give my Ambrose assessment.

Strengths: Sticks like glue. Hard as a catā€™s head and can run. Disposal doesnā€™t stand out as a weakness.

Weaknesses: 1 dimensional. Marking not a strength. Disposal not creative. Struggles to play taller AND smaller than he is. As much as it hurts me to say it, if I wanted him to play like someone, Dylan Grimes would be it.

6 Likes

Feel free mate. You are not the first, and are unlikely to be the last I cease to read or respond to. Like I say, life is just too short to live your life on some internet forum and argue back and forth with every nuffy or teenager that cares to try to lift their self-esteem on them with sideline snark, or endless challenging of the more experienced.

Appreciate your assessment. You may well have answered your own question.

If people donā€™t see what Paddy brings, thereā€™s really no way to make them see IME.

Some know and do, some donā€™t and do not.

I love Ambrose and I was hopeless at footy. Most of my footy knowledge comes from Blitz :smile:

8 Likes

Ambrose is essential to our backline: Hurley breathes easier when heā€™s around.

4 Likes

Canā€™t argue with that.