#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

You don’t need to structure an “outlet” around a guy that touches the ball 7 times a week.

he didn’t have an offensive game when he played as a forward. Love what you have now.

Watching at home the commentators said this act was stupid. Couldn’t disagree more. Was the perfect response to the sling tackle. Have always liked what Ambrose brings physically. Now it looks like Redman has similar intent and Stringer is starting to be the bully in the forward line. It’s great to have players like this again.

5 Likes

Walla is still our most physically intimidating player though, you can see the defenders knees wobble when they have the pill in their d50.

With a healthy list Franga and Ambrose will be selected on a horses for courses basis.

He may be omitted for Franga in the Collingwood game if they think Hurley can take De Goey, as Hooker will certainly take Cox leaving only Mihocek as the other tall.

You have to play Ambrose Anzac day to play on DeGoey, he needs some seriously close checking.

1 Like

I am beginning to rate paddy but I still dont think hes a great matchup for de goey. Just think de goey is a little too nimble agility wise for him.

I’d have

Hurley - de goey
Hooker - cox
Ambrose - mihocek
Saad - elliot

1 Like

De Goey is far too explosive for Ambrose

Hipwood is far too explosive for Ambrose

7 Likes

Hipwood and de goey are nothing alike. Nothing at all

1 Like

Ambrose to feed Degoey grass all day

I’d imagine he’ll have Hooker and Hurley and any other of our defender not too far from him. Degoey doesn’t venture too far from the goal square when forward.

1 Like

Ambrose is perfect for Mihocek. Covers a lot of ground, not as quick off the mark as De Goey and same size as Ambrose

2 Likes

They like Hurley being able to zone off and help out others/create as 3rd tall. He can’t do that on DeGoey as he’s their most dangerous fwd.

It’ll be Ambrose again as it was last year before he got injured. Hopefully the full glove treatment & physically work him over.

We stop DeGoey it will go a long way to helping us win the game as he is a match winner.

3 Likes

Who’s suggesting they are?

I’m just saying Hipwood is an athletic freak as well as being tall and Ambrose does what he does best. Totally shuts them out of the game by wearing them like a glove.

Enigmatic players like Hipwood and Degoey love nothing more than defenders that give them an inch of space.

They won’t get that from Ambrose.

1 Like

yeah we know ambrose won’t give him space but if De Goey wants to hit up a lead, Ambrose won’t have the pace to go with him off the mark.

De Goey clearly one of the quickest off the mark like this in the league, very explosive.

Hipwood more suited to Ambrose coz he takes a bit to wind up

De Goey is far too explosive for all our tall key defenders.

That’s why it takes a team defense.

Ambrose will get him.

5 Likes

Agreed.

Hooker - Cox
Ambrose - Mihocek
Redman - De Goey (huge assignment)
Hurley - Adams/Stephenson
Pidge - Elliott (time to revert back to Wanganeen)
Saad - Thomas

Irish head-to-head with Varcoe on a wing.

I think Saad could even play on De Goey. With the other talls rolling off to spoil when a higher ball comes in.

The prospect of Saad running off De Goey and humiliating him for his inability to chase would be a huge tram lifter ala Hurls job on Franklin last year.

Saad wont get caught on the lead but might struggle under a high ball but to be honest so will Hurley amd Ambrose as de Goey is strong.

There is zero chance he will be omitted and especially for that game, he will take de goey and smash him into the MCG turf

2 Likes

With Ridley seemingly out for a month it’s kind of moot now.