#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Ambrose was a class above today - Good to see him going for his marks and clunking them.

1 Like

Very very admirable footballer. Very important for us too.

8 Likes

Our best player today

2 Likes

Seems to be gaining a lot more confidence this year, probably thanks to the coaches guaranteeing his spot in the 18. His intercepting marking today was the best heā€™s ever shown.

Heā€™s been great. Iā€™m not his biggest fan but heā€™s been fkg immense so far this season.

2 Likes

Was superb.

2 Likes

Yes, youā€™re correct.

Despite an early goal Ambrose just destroyed him today.

Ambo was actually mentioned in our bests in the Sun this morning.
Mihocek kicked 4 against Brisbane last week.

The trouble was that at the other end, Mitch Brown did not trouble the scorers at all. Jordan Roughead did a job on him.

Has been shutting down his direct opponent more often than not for longer than just the last 3 weeks.

An absolute lock for our best 22.

1 Like

At least he wasnā€™t trying to be STUPID

I acknowledge that a couple of my posts were stupid (as addressed in a more sophisticated way by other ā€œpostersā€ above). Please get over it and move on.

I thought Ambrose played reasonably well yesterday. Mihocek had little impact on the game and he took two ripping marks with the flight of the ball and left his man to attack a 50/50 ball which set up a forward entry. Has been doing his job unobtrusively.

2 Likes

Single minded
Huge tank
Fearless
Rarely beaten
Found a keeper here!!

1 Like

I love that this guy is getting some kudos. His stats are always ordinary and would suggest he be dropped but when you look at the stats of his opponent thatā€™s his true value.
Heā€™s the most defensively minded defender that ever defended. Last week he kicked a nice goal, which is so rare (outside of his early game up fwd when he kicked 3 in 3 mins, wtf?) but aside from that he got 6 possessions and wasnā€™t criticized at all because B. Brownā€™s stats were rubbish.
I was a huge Stanton fan because I just loved his effort and the ā€œboringā€ lack of flashiness in his role and the ongoing appreciation by the coaches and itā€™s the same with this guy.
I reckon heā€™s absolutely key for us if we expect Hooker Hurley McKenna Saad Redman to be ultra attacking.

3 Likes

I love how every time the opposition has the ball on the ground waiting for a ball up he smashes into them. Really hard.

4 Likes

Once again was very good.
He is so reliable to win or cancel out 1:1s in the back 50.
Coaches are never going drop this guy.

9 Likes

This guy is seriously a gun and underrated. Tough, skilled unrelenting and can get down the ground and kick a goal. Great game again.

6 Likes

He is becoming one of our better intercept marks down back

1 Like

Can someone please rename this thread to:

#29 Paddy ā€œThe Gloveā€ Ambrose

3 Likes

He is so farking tough this bloke.

7 Likes