#29 Patrick Ambrose -- forward or back?

Did a bit more of the attacking, finessing stuff tonight on top of his usual defensive efforts. Great game, still won’t get a mention in any media outlets though.

2 Likes

If you don’t support the red and black you wouldn’t notice him on the field. Love him though! Does the 1%ers and hits the contest hard.

4 Likes

Should be top 5 in the BnF. The most disciplined player on the list, his concentration to his job is impressive.

1 Like

hits his opponents hard too

2 Likes

No. But I amended it anyway.

1 Like

I would hate to play on him.

Did he get hill again? Or was that waters?

Did one of the more courageous single acts of the season last night, going back with the flight

Want to see him take Caddy to the cleaners

4 Likes

BINGO

Caddy is a deadset co@k head. Has a head of a smashed up crab

Is my favourite player.

If everyone played with the same heart that he and Bags play with, we’d actually be unstoppable.

Premiership teams are built around players like Patty.

10 Likes

Tim Watson on SEN-
Ambrose currently best one on one defender in the league having lost only 2/25 contests.

31 Likes

Does not, and will never get the recognition he deserves.

He has been my fav player for a number of years now.

If everyone played with the same heart and desire as him we literally would not lose a game.

7 Likes

This based on CD defensive one on one stats. Ambrose’s contested defensive loss percentage according to Stats Pro is 8% (basically CD), less than 1 contest lost per week. Even when you factor in the lower number of One on One’s it’s still apparent that his loss percentage is far superior to most.

When you look at Jeremy McGovern though it blows your mind how good that bloke is.

3 Likes

Almost certainly will go to Charlie Curnow who can be a bit of a handful. But in 2019 Curnow’s form is 25% to 50% of what it was last year. Ambrose is playing better than in 2018.

2 Likes

Ambrose to Cripps might damage those stats a bit but it might be worth it.

Which is why defenders are generally my favourite players. Never get the recognition they deserve unless they’re super flashy but you can put your house on the boots being laid in after a loss.

His discipline is something our club needs more of, I hope his start to the year in recognized on BnF night.

2 Likes

MOST DISCIPLINE: David Myers

2 Likes