#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Yep he was pretty bad tonight. He seemed to be trying, but he was a long, long way from being anything close to good.

I love this bloke but fark me, we really needed him stand up when the heat was on in the last quarter and he chipped in with one disposal and zero tackles.

Dunno if he was forward the whole time or what the go was but there but we need him to start dominating games at this stage in his career.

I like Darcy, but 5 years in, his output doesn’t reflect what you want out of a midfielder you took with your 6th selection.

You have to admit the pick 5 and 6, Francis, Parish combo is heading towards the bust category. Needed to nail at least one of them.

Parish was 5 and Francis 6 I think you will find.

It was a truly awful draft year from top to bottom

A disaster in hindsight

Nah, there wasn’t much else in the draft, the pool was not the best.

It had better be considering how often he turns it over

Maybe I’m seeing things but the last two weeks I’ve felt like parish has had ground balls in hand spoiled by teammates quite often.

We’re just so farking dumb and selfish.

1 Like

Worst draft year of the decade and its the one where we had 4 top 20 picks. Meanwhile 2 of the best draft years we don’t have a pick in the first round.
This year, compromised draft, no idea who the kids are because they haven’t played and we are going to end up with a top 6 pick. Typical

2 Likes

Well, 2 top 10 picks and 2 more in the late 20s

But you’re right we are cursed and need to burn some sage or some ■■■■

1 Like

Just too small to stand up to the likes of Cogs,Ward,Kelly who are massive

Not big enough to be an inside mid

Parish played mostly forward tonight.

My young bloke had a multi and all Darc had to do was get 20 possessions and he had a collect…cost him $800

Get out while you can Darcy. Nothing going to happen here for a very long time.

I can’t wait for for Darcy to request a trade and we trade him to Geelong for Rhys Stanley and a third rounder. At least he’ll play in his best position with them as a ■■■■■■■ midfielder and not a permanent forward.

Cannot give away the source but there are 3 young players who have so far declined to negotiate contract extensions at the EFC. Each may have their own reason so I don’t want to speculate too much. First is Ridley - makes perfect sense to me as his currency is going up and both him and his manager probably want to see how this season pans out. I suspect he will stay. There’s another player I shall remain nameless and then there is Parish. As I said, all 3 have different reasons but I suspect with Parish it is everything that has been mentioned in this thread - lack of midfield opportunity, club lacking success. I am almost certain we will lose him for an early to mid 2nd rounder.

cats have three first rounders no way we should accept a second rounder. i’d rather send him in the draft to Adelaide.

Doesn’t matter what picks other clubs have - it is based on Parish’s market value. If Truck is trying to build success, one thing you do not want is players that are not 100% committed to the club.

Oh ffs - I’m at least as ■■■■■■ off as anyone at the way Darcy is getting used (or not) on-field, but this is just silly. Parish is contracted to the end of next year, a contract he only signed in the second half of 2019. Why on earth would anyone expect him to be negotiating a contract extension now anyway?

5 Likes

The club wants to lock in their more talented young players, at better prices I suspect given the current environment. The fact that 3 players have outright said ‘hold on’ is not exactly glowing endorsement of where the club is at. In Parish’s case it is clearly his development.