#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Speaking of match winners, Joe in that game against Melbourne.

Speaking of match winners, Joe in that game against Melbourne.

Iā€™ve never been so proud and yet so angry/frustrated at someone at the same time. He hauled in a heap of fantastic marks that game and his work rate was immense but he also kicked 2.20 and 10 on the full.

Still, when the final siren sounded and weā€™d won, the frustration dissolved.

I wonder if this kid can have a second season like Zerrett did.

Just for funnsies and because it is worth notingā€¦ and yes stats can tell pretty much any story you like.

Parish had more disposalsā€¦ more marksā€¦ and kicked more goals in his FIRST year than Zerrett did in his SECOND year.

So why do you want the kid to go backwards?

Do you mean Zerrettā€™s 3rd season? Thatā€™s where he really stepped it up

Zerretts 2nd season was just as big a step up IMO. Could have very well stolen the B&F off Hooker had he not got injured in about round 16-odd. Remarkable for a 2nd year player.

Canā€™t wait to see what his 4th year is like if he keeps making huge step ups every year.

Do you mean Zerrettā€™s 3rd season? Thatā€™s where he really stepped it up

Zerretts 2nd season was just as big a step up IMO. Could have very well stolen the B&F off Hooker had he not got injured in about round 16-odd. Remarkable for a 2nd year player.

Canā€™t wait to see what his 4th year is like if he keeps making huge step ups every year.

Its just not possible for Zerret to make huge steps every year, I would suggest that all he has to do to get to the absolute top level, from where he is now, is kick more goals. 7 last year, if he can get that up to 20, its a big achievement, if he can get to 35, he is in the Dangerfield class but it took 9 years for Dangerfield to get to 35 goals after hovering around 20 for 5 years. So from this point on the improvements in Zerrets game may only be marginal.

As to Darcy, he can make a huge step up this year in a better side, he has only played 20 games.

Zerrett statistically was in the top 10 mids in the entire league last year.

He has already arrived.

Just didnā€™t get as much kudos as he might otherwise given positive stories about EFC were generally avoided.

As for the goals kicked. Naturally going to improve, we were stuck in our back half for most of season and our inside 50 count extraordinarily poor.

Watch what happens with the ā€œtractorsā€ as Bluey calls them moving the ball out to the finishing players. Zerrett will get on the end of a lot more footy fwd of centre this year without doubt.

So will Parish.

Zerrett statistically was in the top 10 mids in the league last year.

He has already arrived.

And not before time according farken King

Just for funnsies and because it is worth notingā€¦ and yes stats can tell pretty much any story you like.

Parish had more disposalsā€¦ more marksā€¦ and kicked more goals in his FIRST year than Zerrett did in his SECOND year.

Zerrett was the sub a fair bit as well from memory. Certainly in his first year and I reckon a little in his second as well. And then injured and forced to miss the last 6 or 7 matches.

Zerrett statistically was in the top 10 mids in the league last year.

He has already arrived.

And not before time according farken King

By far one of the great comoonicasion speshilists moments.

I think the sub rule went in Zerretts second year.
which was good, as a lot of his first years games were affected by the sub rule.
In his second year his output improved, due to more time on ground. Plus he had done another preseason and looked more like a footy player than a school boy.

Hmmmmm ā€¦ thought I was in the Parish thread.

Hmmmmm ..... thought I was in the Parish thread.

Who?

Without looking too much into it I thought last year was a bit unusual (for the stats at least) in that we overused the ball a lot. I felt we played a lot of possession football to slow the game down and players got a lot of touches which suggested they were dominant despite losing by large margins.

Also last year Zerret was our go-to playmaker, our first option, whereas normally Stanton/Heppel would have been calling for the ball and getting half of Zachā€™s possessions.

This also helped Parish as he was bumped up the queue as well.

This year will be interesting for both Parish and Zerret. If they were getting 30 touches a game each, can we expect that to continue with Watson/Heppell/Myers (also 30 touch players) back in the side, or will there be some cannibalisation (lol)? Probably only possible if we win a lot more clearances, so letā€™s hope so.

Anyway, Iā€™m not arguing who is tracking to be the better player. I think Zerret still has another level and Parish is only getting started. Parish I feel is a bit behind in the pecking order at this stage so it may be that this year he just has to work hard and play a role that is less flashy and supports the senior guys.

With all the bulk around him this year he will get plenty more outside ballā€¦He has great skills and smarts plus I love that he is a real pri(k too. Big year for him no doubt

Wow. First half was amazing. Looks bigger, faster, better. Kicking looks great, hands are good as ever.

He would be the last person youā€™d pick to be the pot stirrer. Not quite the velvet sledgehammer, more like a phantom.

Zerrett to parish who spears it onto jobes chest. Nice.

Far out, this kid is going to be a damn gun. (As if we had any doubts before this).

Heā€™s better than I thought, and I thought he was pretty damn good.

Jeez heā€™s been good. No second year blues for this kid.