#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Play him. Since we’re doing groundhog day, I’ll repeat what I said at the start of the season and again over a month ago. Play Parish, McGrath, Heppell and Zach Merrett in the centre. They are the future, are all unquestionably committed to the club and we will move forward in leaps and bounds the quicker this happens. Out with the old.

1 Like

PLease play him on the ball and not half forward.

1 Like

I’d have him in before McNeice & Long but i’m not convinced he’s in our best 22.

Hopefully in and given serious midfield minutes. None of this HFF nonsense.

He needs to be able to more than just play in the midfield.
The off stuff is not nonsense.
It’s actually quite sensible.

2 Likes

Would have thought you’d want to master the midfield before trying to jack of all trades other positions.

1 Like

Lol. Jack of all trades. Stupid statement.
Skills to rest somewhere else/cover a hole etc.
Everybody has to be able to do that.
Otherwise you just become like Myers.
And I know how much you love his one dimensional game.

We are trying to push as many different players through the midfield. This has been stated by players and coaches as it keeps the interchange rotations down, freshness in the center and variety of styles. This is how we want to play to become a great team.

Therefore it is impossible to play a single roll.

There is no more just playing in the guts.

3 Likes

exactly

1 Like

Official stats actually had him at 31 disposals, still a solid return

Yeah, didn’t think he was that prolific, had pretty good impact with his possessions though

Checked out the first half of the ressies on the weekend. DP very impressive and a cut above our other mids: reading ball well, hitting contests at pace, aggressive ball movement from stoppages. Get more afl games into him ASAP, I reckon.

3 Likes

Wasted in the VFL or HFF.

Get him in and play him perminantly in the midfield.

How many games has he missed prior to coming through the reserves? This was his second game back was it?

First game.
BUT
Hand injury meant he could not only keep his fitness base but, according to Crowe, improve it.

Puts him in a different category to leg, foot, knee, groin, even shoulder injury returnees.

2 Likes

With some modifications, he could have kept his upper body conditioning up as well.

Parish will be a replacement for Myers…we will get a glimpse of the Midfield of the future this week against the Suns.

Langford, Parish, McGrath, Long, Zerrett, Smith, Heppell, Guelfi

3 Likes

Lol Long.

1 Like

Gonna finish this post.

If he gets tired let him rest on the bench.