#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

*Hates having his photo taken. Get your stats right.

1 Like

What Dev Smith said in his interview about the penny dropping for Parish sounded awesome.

ā€œDarcy Parish, the pennyā€™s dropped for him, heā€™s working hard and I think heā€™ll have a great year.ā€

7 Likes

Must have picked the penny up again. Was totally sh it house against the Blues.
Another performance like that and an extended spell in the VFL would be in order.

5 Likes

He was horrible tonight.

1 Like

You cant fault his endeavor. Heā€™s pretty hard. But man, that was pretty underwhelming.

1 Like

Was terrible.

Needs to do much more.

1 Like

1 kick. He seemed to be at a lot of centre bounces, especially in the first half and he got 1 clearance for the night.
Only 2 tackles as well.

Gee, I hope heā€™s got a lot more to offer this season than he showed tonight

1 Like

Too small. Not strong enough.
See Cripps seat him away like a fly.

1 Like

Not sure on ball is his role. He looks so out of depth in the middle. He is way too small. Gets outbodied so easily

Put him on a HFF with the aim of replacing bags. I dont see a full time mid

Problem is like the rest of midfield is heā€™s too small.

Only big mid we have is Myers and it will probably be his last year

2 Likes

Richmond donā€™t gave a huge midfield.

We are still very young and inexperienced in the middle of the ground but there are early concerns.

My concern is more that some of our mids have very little impact inside and then no impact on the outside.

I like the idea of having all these mids and rotations but it does impact our scoring. Doesnā€™t help that quite a few of our mids wouldnā€™t pull the pin and hit s target most of the evening.

McGrath was basically the only one that did and that was in the second half when the Carlton youngsters started tiring.

1 Like

His biggest problem is that he canā€™t really play anywhere outside of the midfield

2 Likes

Itā€™s whats going to stop us from winning a final or flags because everything else on the list is there.

I have had a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and moan like everyone else tonight but I havenā€™t given up just yet.

Itā€™s the first roll out of the new game plan and we effectively had what would typically be our second string midfielders all together for a lot of the game.

Lots to work on but you would rather find that out now.

1 Like

Havenā€™t given up but didnā€™t like some of the signs Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just rust.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t get his footwork. Looked like a batsmen without his eye in.
He was terrible though, Langford and Parish definitely not ready to run the midfield.

1 Like

What is this myth?

The same thing was said last year when we started 2-6. Then Neeld was sacked and all of a sudden everything changed for the better and the players seemed to understand their roles and we played a sustainable brand of football and finished 10-4.

Why are we changing a game plan that worked in the second half of the year? The only thing that needs fixing is the defence and that doesnā€™t come down to game plan, that comes down to the players back there pulling their finger out.

1 Like

Youā€™re kidding yourself if you thought there was any gameplan out there tonight.

1 Like

The game plan appeared to be, ā€œdonā€™t get injuredā€.

7 Likes

I was just trying to make Nino feel better.