#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I heard huddo talking weiterings chances down now that he will miss a month or so. He also talked up raz in the same breath.

Despite the understandable hatred for gil around here, the afl actually need a strong Essendon. Good news for Essendon is good news for the afl and they know it. Conspiracy theories that the afl won’t let us win anything ever again are way off the mark in my opinion.

we are screwed until all those players* retire.

Actually I half agree with this. The afl wouldn’t want any of the banned players to win a premiership, so team success maybe.

There’s no reason for them to block Darcy Parish winning the rising star though.

How does the Rising Star award work?

Is it based off the best 1 game they played (the one they got the nomination for) Or is their overall season?

Reason I ask is the commentators are still fapping over Weitering saying that its his medal to lose (even though he is basically out for 3 weeks with the busted shoulder)… Based on overall year you could argue that its Parish’s…

A player nominated each week, ( players can be nominated several times ) a jury selects the winner at the end of the year

"… AFL CEO, Gillon McLachlan, AFL Football Operations Manager, Mark Evans, AFL National Talent Manager, Kevin Sheehan, and former players, Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, and Warren Tredrea… "
Source: Wiki pedia

Danny Frawley gets a guernsey? Wouldn’t trust that f**kin’ retard to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

Extremely poor form and choice of language from you, I reckon.

If Parish has the best season out of all of them, he’ll win. Pretty simple.

At the moment he’d be leading, but if Hopper plays every game from here… Look out.

If Parish has the best season out of all of them, he'll win. Pretty simple.

At the moment he’d be leading, but if Hopper plays every game from here… Look out.

Exactly right. Hopper is a massive shot at it. Is an absolute beast at the age of 18 and was considered the best mid in the draft.
I reckon the year Bontempelli came 2nd because Kingy put his money on Lewis Taylor, that the Bont debuted around this stage of the season.
If Griffen, Greene and Smith return he may be squeezed out though at some point, such is their depth.

I heard huddo talking weiterings chances down now that he will miss a month or so. He also talked up raz in the same breath.

Despite the understandable hatred for gil around here, the afl actually need a strong Essendon. Good news for Essendon is good news for the afl and they know it. Conspiracy theories that the afl won’t let us win anything ever again are way off the mark in my opinion.

we are screwed until all those players* retire.

Well, they need us to stick fat and keep turning up to games while they grow the supporter base in the north. As people keep saying, probably the only club who would keep doing that under the circumstances. I don’t want to get back into conspiracy territory though…

Bit of a joke that Parish isn't outright favourite for the rising star. Weitering has been really good for a first season KP defender but if it wasn't for his no.1 draft tag he wouldn't be favourite.

To me it seems weird that a nomination generally always goes to a player in a winning team. Just goes to show how important ‘media opinion’ is if you want to win the award. Media attention was with Cripps all season last year right up until the end when common sense prevailed and they looked and realised ‘wow Hogan has actually kicked a lot of goals for a first season tall’. I hope us losing all year won’t hurt Darcys chance of winning it.

Wouldn’t surprise if it’s already pre ordained that it goes to Weitering, the AFL are trying to rebuild the flagging Fk Carlton supporter/member base.

WE, on the other hand, have no such worries.

Still at 53+k despite the drama, and excited about the very real prospect of playing finals next year, and being top 4 the next.

I hope like crazy we get the opportunity to dump one of their expansion sides out of the finals in the next few seasons. As the final siren goes you just know, somewhere, Fitzpatrick will be flipping out and throwing all of the toys out of the cot.

I hope it happens grand final day 2017.

Bit of a joke that Parish isn't outright favourite for the rising star. Weitering has been really good for a first season KP defender but if it wasn't for his no.1 draft tag he wouldn't be favourite.

To me it seems weird that a nomination generally always goes to a player in a winning team. Just goes to show how important ‘media opinion’ is if you want to win the award. Media attention was with Cripps all season last year right up until the end when common sense prevailed and they looked and realised ‘wow Hogan has actually kicked a lot of goals for a first season tall’. I hope us losing all year won’t hurt Darcys chance of winning it.

Wouldn’t surprise if it’s already pre ordained that it goes to Weitering, the AFL are trying to rebuild the flagging Fk Carlton supporter/member base.

Still at 53+k despite the drama, and excited about the very real prospect of playing finals next year, and being top 4 the next.

I hope like crazy we get the opportunity to dump one of their expansion sides out of the finals in the next few seasons. As the final siren goes you just know, somewhere, Fitzpatrick will be flipping out and throwing all of the toys out of the cot.

How does the Rising Star award work?

Is it based off the best 1 game they played (the one they got the nomination for) Or is their overall season?

Reason I ask is the commentators are still fapping over Weitering saying that its his medal to lose (even though he is basically out for 3 weeks with the busted shoulder)… Based on overall year you could argue that its Parish’s…

A player nominated each week, ( players can be nominated several times ) a jury selects the winner at the end of the year

"… AFL CEO, Gillon McLachlan, AFL Football Operations Manager, Mark Evans, AFL National Talent Manager, Kevin Sheehan, and former players, Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, and Warren Tredrea… "
Source: Wiki pedia

Danny Frawley gets a guernsey? Wouldn’t trust that f**kin’ retard to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

DANNY ‘REVERSE KANGA’ FRAWLEY.

DANNY “TOP SHELF” FRAWLEY

Bit of a joke that Parish isn’t outright favourite for the rising star. Weitering has been really good for a first season KP defender but if it wasn’t for his no.1 draft tag he wouldn’t be favourite.

Welcome indeed.

Very pleased.

GET A HAIR CUT

Yes welcome Darcy.

Strut in Day 1 with a man bun.

Get off my bandwagon you bastards!

Happy with this one too. Now need to ace our next two.

Has the hair of a 70s lego minifig.

Welcome Boy… Hope you have a successful career with Bombers…