#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Parish the second highest rated player in his age group (equal with Tim English) according to champion data, Oliver is the only player rated higher. I think you just have high expectations.

1 Like

Footywire.

What about Tom Mitchell? If you had to pick between Neale and our Hibberd, whoā€™d you pick? The midget or the big bodied ā€œinside midā€?

Iā€™m certain Brisbaneā€™s midfield is smaller than us and we beat them in clearances yet that didnā€™t translate to a win.

Weird. I see Gresham ranked top 10 for centre clearances, average and total on footywire, but Jones and McGrath arenā€™t in either. That said, the AFL and footywire donā€™t agree on the actual clearance numbers anyway, and it only takes a fraction of a clearance per game to drop players from top 10 to top 20 or from top 20 to top 50, so shrug.

Iā€™d be really interested to know if there is an ā€œeffective clearancesā€ stat. Itā€™s one thing to bang it on to your boot and another to get it to someone in the clear.

Itā€™s only a clearance if itā€™s retained.

So the term youā€™re looking for is ā€œclearanceā€.

2 Likes

Thanks for that

This canā€™t be right. McGrath is leading our clearance stats but Iā€™ve been told on here that all of his kicks are blind hacks to the opposition.

Dont believe everything you read on here.

Credited to the player who has the first effective disposal in a chain that clears the stoppage area, or an ineffective kick or clanger kick that clears the stoppage area.

2 Likes

EFFECTIVE KICK A kick of more than 40 metres to a 50/50 contest or better for the team or a kick of less than 40 metres that results in the intended target retaining possession.

Kicking it long to a 50/50 contest is an effective disposal.

I have deleted my previous post about clearances being effective by definition, I was using the same page as you linked but it cut off the second half of that definition and I had to scroll across to see the rest, my mistake.

1 Like

You should also delete your effective kick one on that basis.

Its a blitz myth that one.

The effective kick one is still true so Ill leave it even though the context is different.

1 Like

Not according to the link KM posted above.

Late second rounder realistically. Hasnā€™t done a heck of a lot over the past 5 years. Good average output.

Yeah agreed, which would be a decent gamble in this draft. Best you could hope for would be one of Geelongā€™s 3x first round picks, assuming they want a ready made player for their ongoing premiership pursuit with Selwood, Danger, Hawkins

He just turned 23 FFSā€¦his best will be in 2 or 3 years and you want to go to the draft to get what? High risk strategy IMO

1 Like

If we can get one of Geelongā€™s 1st round picks for Darcy, then I would take and run. Itā€™d be a win for all parties at this stage.

probably one of his worst games for the club