#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

is there certainty around the salary cap, if you were a young player assured of getting a new contract wouldn’t be signing anything yet.

I think most players would be looking to see what happens with cap etc before signing any contracts unless it was something too good to knock back.

In saying that …

If Cats really wanted him as a Selwood replacement and given he’s contracted we’d get a high-ish first and just be able to send that to someone else that would genuinely help our midfield setup. Ie Port for Wines.

There has to be something as to why he’s not getting more midfield time and it will be the lack of the defensive side of his game. Hence Smith is getting the time he really would be expecting.

If those three players want to play in top teams and win a premiership cup, why wouldn’t you? We are so far from it its ridiculous. If those three want to leave to fullfill their ambitions and develop we are not the club for them. It is not happening at the EFC. Unless there is miraclous change, it will remain as it is. Its not hard to figure out who it is???

We have a lot out of contract,

McGrath, Ridley, Saad, Ham, Mosquito, Langford are the ones we should be focussing on. The rest, meh.

A high first?

Late first would be best case scenario more likely a second.

Sorry I should have said high-ish.

They’ve got pick 11 right?

Which will be pushed out by priority/academy/FS selections so that’d be the one you’d press for

He’s a top 5 pick for us, contracted and still only very young in whole scheme of things. We simply wouldn’t give him up easily IMO. And would only do so if knew what we’re getting back could help us address the midfield (more than he can) immediately.

They would want something back if that’s the case.

He is not a player you build a team around and has many flaws.

If you moved on a Parish this year your selling very low.

He’s just a role player with some potential due to his vision and hand balling. But that’s about it.

I wouldn’t be giving up a first if he was playing for someone else.

I rate Parish in general anyway. But, I wouldn’t be getting rid of him if only for the sole purpose of him being our only player that can play in the wet.

Would only trade Parish if we can get Wines

Why not disclose the 3rd name?

I’d be ■■■■■■■ myself in laughter if Geelong offer to trade a first rounder for a 5th year player who has still failed hold down a midfield position in this team.

The old unprovable/vagueish insider info starting to roll in- like clockwork when the wheels start falling off the season.

at least you know you get a pretty good player in Parish.
could end up with another cockatoo at the draft.

i’d be ■■■■■■ off if he left and we only got a late first rounder to be honest, would rather keep him.

advantage for Parish staying is young players coming thru together. finally got a decent young ruck coming through as well.

cats have a ageing list, not sure who their ruck is. plus you’d have to play for Scott.

Mids weren’t terrible against giant stars last night. mostly merrett off the chain .

1 Like

Once all of Geelong’s stars retire, there will be a lot of money to go around and not many competing for it

I realise thst after a few putrid losses and list management post-mortems, people get a little jaded…

But I reckon Parish gets marked really really harshly on here.

I reckon he is a good player (currently) who will become very good once his running power reaches a level that allows him to dominate for 70-80 minutes in midfield. His game is there already.

I feel like he is getting caught up in the froth of unhappy list management discussions.

Look at a player like Jack Billings for the Saints- different styles of player, but a small midfielder who has only started to break through his 4th-5th years.

Parish is fine, only has to improve by 10-20 percent IMO to really start influencing games. Just 23.

1 Like

Yep, I feel like an idiot because I reckon Parish has been pretty damn good, albeit not super consistently, this year.

I think he was quiet last night but not particularly bad.

Like him a lot.

6 Likes

At his best he’s a B grade midfielder capable of the odd A grade game. If a trade was an option and we could somehow score a first rounder in the top 10 you’d jump at it. Can find it, good hands, but has some horrendous defensive moments and goes missing.

Ready to be shot out of the cannon, come at me.

Wouldn’t trade Parish for a first round pick for all we know that pick could be a dud has to be for a player we need