#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Forthwith, love it, not a word that is used enough.

Just remember this when he inevitably has a poor game.

1 Like

pffft. As if.

1 Like

Time to resume that forward apprenticeship

Sloane 183, 79kg
Parish 181, 80kg

He can aim to be similar, why not? I donā€™t see why he cant be just as good. I really rate the kid, but obviously he has a fair way to go.

Similar size, both hard at it inside mids, the main point I am trying to make is that he is not to small to play inside. Scorch arguing we have to many of the same size and type player. I am trying to argue that Andy, Parish, Smith, Merret and Shiel all bring different attributes to the team despite been of similar size.

Parish can play inside, has good quick hands, and is a reasonable kick when not rushing.
But he has shown little ability to play elsewhere.
He also rushes to kick the ball often, and this often results in an aimless kicks fwd. He needs more awareness of the time he has to dispose of the ball, which will likely come, if the coaches continue to allow him to play in the midfield.

Langford holds the ball to long awaiting a perfect option.
Parish deposes of the ball to quick, when he has had time to look.
But both have played limited time in the midfield at AFL level, and both have shown enough (to me) that they are worth putting the time into.

At the same time I donā€™t fully disagree with Scorch, we should at least consider a trade as an option if it benefits us. A 190cm 90kg inside bull who can take a grab, would be hard to pass up in a trade for Parish. When you look at the rest of our list

But thatā€™s not how trades work.

3 Likes

i imagine we will go hard at sier from collingwood at seasons end.

Donā€™t think it would take much to pry him away from Collingwood if we really wanted him

Except that weā€™ve got basically zero room in the salary cap to pay him, especially once the poaching premium is applied.

If a team has a surplus of inside one pace mids and need an inside mid with pace it is. Or if we can get a first rounder and have an eye on a kid of that type.

Not saying we should or shouldnā€™t btw

Iā€™ve read half a dozen of these responses, does anyone read posts as they go through a thread?
The trade value comments (none of which are mine) are quite clearly in response to the ā€œstoryā€ that he may leave and geelong are chasing him

Scorch brought it up mate. Its in response to that nothing else.

1 Like

Should free up a bit at seasons end I would have thought?
My understanding is that all the saga guys were given pretty healthy contracts upon their re-signings? Could be wrong of course

Myers sounding like heā€™s done at seasons end, heā€™d be on decent coin wouldnt he?

You donā€™t think heā€™s referring to the supposed rumours of Darcy being geelong bound?

Maybe I give too much credit, if heā€™s being serious then please everyone continue to point out the stupidity

Probably shouldnā€™t answer for him but I think he is serious about the prospect. I was been hyperthedycle. Had no idea on the links to Geelong.

Not sure they are realistic stories but that is what has been mentioned previously

1 Like

Might be just me, but I actually am coming around to the idea that we might not need this ā€œbullā€. Clearances is actually not a weakness for us. Our biggest problem is structure and disposal.

11 Likes

Iā€™m content with our mix too. Couldnā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about the height of our players if they continue to win the midfield battle.

1 Like

Give him the brownlow now after that game against Carltons midfield. weā€™ve got enough brutality on the inside and have a well balanced midfield. Parish is our Selwood. Am I doing this right Blitzers?

Not interested in your mids being able to mark it or play in multiple positions? Itā€™s why we were so good in 2000, Heffernan Blumfield Mercuri Misiti Hird could catch it. We now have Heppell whoā€™s good one on one. Everyone else is a gnome.