#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Reading the game so well now, popping up everywhere. My only issue is his kicking. He shanks it nearly every time, so much so that I think it’s become a habit. When he grabs the ball he purposely turns it sideways to kick which makes it almost impossible to mark. I don’t think it’s a conscious thing, probably from junior footy, but it need to be ironed out

I hope we get Brayden Sier this off-season. He has so many similarities with Josh Kennedy from Sydney. And we really can’t just have a midfield full of midgets, no matter how adorable it would look.

1 Like

No. A Blitzer would never ask for advice from another Blitzer, as they would know that the response would be useless and filled with sarcasm.

6 Likes

Sier was really good for Collingwood last season. Agree on the need for someone like him. An inside brute. The only downside with Sier is that he’s positionally limited.

We need at least one good inside mid that can take a mark. If Langford comes on its not as much an issue. I agree that it is not our most limiting factor though, structure and coaching is.

It’s amazing how Myers managed to keep Clarke, Langford and Parish out of the midfield at the same time!

22 Likes

Probably his two best games back to back in the wet. Love an old fashioned wet weather footballer, he was so clean whilst others were fumbling around like a teenager with a bra.

Hopefully he keeps it up this week.

Reflection of all the things Myers should have been capable of but wasnt

and perpetually injured. so he’s ticking all our boxes.

Gws tallest mid is hopper at 186, they seem to be doing ok

2 Likes

I think everyone is infatuated with getting the next Fyfe, Cripps bont, and to be realistic that’s just not going to come around that often

5 Likes

U do realise mercuri was mcgraths height?

1 Like

Players Who Parish and Mcgrath compare to in height,

Gary Ablett Jnr
Rory Sloane
Lachie Neale
Ben Cousins
Michael Voss

I could literally go on for pages and prove that height means nothing but I think that very short list speaks for itself.

2 Likes

ok, do it.

please dont make me:(

It’s just the balance is a bit out right now - McGrath and Smith playing more midfield mins next year means average height/weight goes down. If we want all our mids to have long careers there needs to besome bigger blokes in there, taking the hits. Cotchin, after two years of kamakaze footy, is struggling to get on the park. Cripps, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Kennedy have been pretty durable over a long period of time.

But yeah, we can all cherry pick stats and anecdotal stuff and twist to fit whatever position we want… that’s not meant as a criticism BTW

I see what you did there

7 Likes

Two years?
He’s missed about 30 games in twelve years.
But same difference.

2 Likes

In his own words he deliberately focussed on playing more contested, hardball in 2017 and 2018

Why though is the balance out?? Height?? Is that it?Our midfield has more than held their own against the best. I’m sure if a pendles, Kennedy danger or Cripps came along we would be all over it. Fact is they aren’t dime a dozen.