#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I love Darce… But also know this type of interview pre contract negotiation is right out of the player managers playbook.

I like to think its true regardless though :smiley:

I have no idea if that time played forward was deliberate to improve his forward craft, or if it was because they didn’t rate him ahead of others to play onball. If the former, then it would be a positive to his game (and the side) if he can pinch hit a goal or two for us - while playing as an onballer. It’s what Merrett wanted to add to his game.

Saying 50 to 100 games is 2 maybe 3 or even 4 footy seasons though. I like to think the science of footy can give you a better answer these days than pumping in up to 100 games then cutting your losses.

A lot of talent out there that could also be trialed.

Game - not games.

He was left out for GWS, and has played midfield since he came back, rd 2. Feel free to go through the heat maps on the AFL app, I just have.

I like him, but I’m not sure he’d make up the 10 odd goals…

1 Like

I reckon that JLT game against FC where Cripps ran riot on Parish & Langford caused their early season demotion. I reckon that they were given more responsibilty to show their wares without a Zac Merrett or Dylan Shiels playing much in the guts to see how they go & they both blew it.

Now in hindsight we can see that the whole team was 2 rounds behind a lot of other teams in terms of fitness & form & can see that our fitness & conditioning staff were the ones to blame (& can assume Paul Turk paid the price) & not these 2 blokes in particular.

But at the time, I thought they both performed poorly when given the extra responsibility.

4 Likes

Don’t disagree

our only player who could actually land a handball last night.

His kicks were rushed though, same as almost everyone else.

another pretty decent game though from Darcy.

Zero tackles and 13 pressure acts.

Another that contributed to little midfield pressure.

Might be nice if you said the same thing as you did in the Langford thread.

2 Likes

Yep i thought Parish had a shocker. He’s been playing well though so i’d back him in.

I did.

I said he was poor like the rest of his mates.

Go look.

I did and you made excuses for him and said people shouldn’t single out a few players. Which you then proceeded to do to a player you don’t like.

3 Likes

I didn’t want it escalating into the Parish for captain talk again.

Parish was miles ahead of Langford last night KM.

lets not compare the two.

but agreed he needed to step up defensively.
27 and a goal isn’t a terrible game by any account though.

I didn’t compare the two

Not on here you didn’t…

:wink:

1 Like

Thought Darc’s game was patchy, at times during the game he was on the ground but went missing and out of position a lot, BUT you could see him trying his guts out. Love him to death but for Darcy Parish to shine he will always need the other onballers to do their bit. Last night they didn’t do their bit.

3 Likes

Get out while you can Darcy.

3 Likes

Not a bad game from darce
15 disposals
8 tackles
1 goal

Not heaps of the ball but I think he still impacted. Does anyone know how much centre time he got?

3 Likes

we got good one here in Darc. Another great game, and another clutch goal. coming on like a train.

3 Likes