#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

This is what Dylan Clarke and Mutch are meant to end up, and I think Begley might end up there too. Plus Langford and Heppell are pretty big themselves, both are up around 190cm and have a fair bit of grunt (admittedly Langford hasnt’ grown into his body yet)

I reckon a ruckman will be top of the list this year.

I was thinking the same thing I thought he would of had at least 30 seemed to be absolutely everywhere. It’s rare that 2 picks in a row both going for the same type of player (midfielder) and both clubs would be delighted with their choices. I haven’t seen much of Oliver but i wonder who has the better disposal, that’s my only knock on parish is his kicking, otherwise he does absolutely everything right.

Loved his work on Saturday. He will have a great season with all the quality support around him.

His energy good but kicking well off - 3 poor kicks into F50 in Q4.

It is something he has to really work on.

1 Like

A trait I have noticed with this guy is that he is always moving at the stoppage and hitting it at speed.

Something that all the great midfielders do.

He is going to be an absolute superstar this kid.

5 Likes

In Round 1 Darcy had 504 metres gained from 25 disposals, Behind only Zerret ( 749 from 37) and Hurls ( 530 from 21) , I think maybe his low kicking efficiency is caused by trying to kick the ball too far…

The low metres gained was a knock on his year in 2016 and maybe he is trying to redress that. Its not much use getting 25 disposals and not gaining territory, but its better to deliver lace out on all your I50s like he did to Zaka…

There is an article about all the 2015 draft class players on AFL.com that have not signed,and Darcy has not…and of course they use his picture instead of Schache…media always trying to ■■■■ off our supporters!!! Hope he signs soon…fingers crossed.

To be fair most media outlets use Collingwood or Essendon players as often as they can as it simply generates more clicks. Also, Parish is pretty recognisable.

Can we order another 1 or 2!?

It’s great having pure mids like Parish and Zerret running around.

Bit of a different role this season for obvious reasons. Effects the play our way when he gets near it with his pressure. Going to be a gun.

He will become an elite player when his kicking improves. It’s currently a bit wayward but he is still only a kid and he does so much right. Glad he is a don!

3 Likes

Very good in the first half, but then drifted out of the game - Overall a solid game.

Only 65% game time which was the lowest in our side last night. I wonder if he is 100% fit. He was still good when involved but his output was slightly lower than what you would hope for each week. It could be as simple as our midfield is deep now and it’s hard to get time in there.

Hope to see more of him next week and tearing it up against Carlton.

You dont really see him resting forward like most of the other mids, so maybe its on the ball or on the bench?

1 Like

Thought last night wasn’t a good game. But he still had the confidence to take it on everytime he got the pill.

1 Like

He played 100% full on hard physical stuff and a massive amount of running against the Hawks, if soreness was not he issue in Brisbane, he might need to cut back the effort slightly and conserve his energy and body to a sustainable level for the next 21+ games.

I thought he was very good in the last quarter.

I can’t wait until we get to skip forward 2 years and see Parish do all the awesome stuff for 4 quarters. For now we have to be content with around 3 quarters.

It’s worth mentioning that not even Dyson and zachy could string together as consistent 3 qtr performances. While both were guns they did fade out a bit or spent a bit of time on the bench in their first years.

2 Likes

to be fair though, Zerret had do deal with the sub rule in his first 2 years