#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I hope we don’t start comparing Oliver and parish because it’ll just be cringeworthy watching people try and argue that parish is better and Oliver is no good. Fact is, Oliver is a ■■■■■■■ gun. Parish will be a gun too, already is in some way, but I can see why Melbourne rated Oliver so highly, he’s a damn good footballer

8 Likes

I personally don’t think the Oliver / Parish discussion means much for us. Oliver was gone so we took Parish. If Oliver turns out to be the better player, we did not make a mistake. Both will be great though I think.

7 Likes

Parish isn’t as ugly as Oliver

6 Likes

Sorry I watch footy, not stats. Parish runs to beautiful places and creates for his team.

3 Likes

You might watch footy, but you obviously haven’t watched Melbourne play this year.

7 Likes

posessions are overrated. look at Jaeger and Mitchell, over handballing and having little impact. isnt metres gained all the rage now?

1 Like

Watched Melbourne Carlton & that’s 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back

2 Likes

No way, McGrath and Oliver have higher ceilings than parish purely because of their athletic attributes. However Parishes worst games will be nowhere near as bad as Olivers imo. I see parish as a class 25 possie a game player who reads the play excellently and facilitates slick ball movement. Basically a midfielder we’ve needed since 2000.

At this stage Oliver would be getting way more centre square time/and likely TOG than Parish, mainly as we have our A-team back and also given Parish had to shoulder an enormous load last year.

Melb also have the best ruckman in the league giving them huge advantage out of centre and stoppages which is suiting Oliver to a tee

1 Like

If parish collected 35 and even if half of them were shanks, this place would explode

6 Likes

Parish is playing only like 60 mins game time, not sure what Oliver is on.

The 2016 Parish had low kicking efficiency and low metres gained, because he has quick hands he tended to distribute the ball that way. But this year,he is working on increasing his metres gained. Clearly, if he plays on the forward side of stoppages he will have more opportunity to kick I50s. We are already seeing just that. He has had some great clearances particularly in the Hawthorn game.

Parish 74%, Oliver 79%.

Parish will be good.

Oliver will be good.

The end.

12 Likes

Well if you look at it that way, then I think both clubs are going to be very happy with both their choices. Four very good footballers there.

Jesus! Metres gained is probably one of the most useless stats churned out by champion data to increase their profits. Absolute chook ■■■■.

2 Likes

Exactly a 2m handball so someone in space to run is far more effective then a 70m kick to the chest of the opp. Champian data is a load of crap.

3 Likes

I long for the day when Francis picks him up and body-slams him into the MCG turf.

4 Likes

Except while zerret had more meters gained than any other player in the comp. If danger goes past him im happy for it to be irrelevant again.

6 Likes

IS 17 SHANKS A CLUB RECORD?!?

1 Like