#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I think he is tracking fine. Maybe your expectation is too high. Probably mine is also.
The only thing he is not doing is kicking goals. If he was everyone would be raving about him.

Yes, your expectations are unrealistic.

2 Likes

Heā€™s been cleaner than alot of the others and is also effectively playing a different role to what he did in his 1st year, whilst reliant on players heā€™s never played with before. His fast-hands game is based on good cooperation between the players which clearly isnā€™t there yet.
Sheā€™ll be right mate

Looking at the stats (and i know stats arenā€™t everything) but he is up on most key stats. Disposal efficiency is down a bit.

Playing a more attacking role it seems. On gut feeling when watching him, he is tracking along just nicely, and I feel he is on the verge of a real dominating game.

But coming along just beautifully.

1 Like

Interesting stats.

Iā€™d suggest his disposal efficiency down as playing more outside and kicking ball more. As opposed to getting ball at contest and handballing out.

Work in progress but looking the goods.

2 Likes

Reduction in handballs and big increases in I50s and R50s indicate he is covering more of the field so his work rate has gone up and so has his metres gained.

But stats like these are not worth much without indication of the quality, which is good, but not yet excellent

I remember him being constantly referred to as a Rolls Royce in his first preseason. People couldnā€™t stop raving about his kicking off both feet. Think its great heā€™s upped his kicking. Heā€™ll get more confident and I think could see it become a real weapon for the side. Also, like Zerrett, can kick a fkn goal. Canā€™t wait for his first 30+ 3 goalerā€¦

I canā€™t help but think of this every time I see the hair cut.

13 Likes

Looks like Draper joined the marketing department.

2 Likes

the media think everyones a farking rolls royce now. i heard david king call jordan degoey that some time in the last week.

It was people on here with the training reports saying that, not the media. Still rose coloured glasses and all but it was identified as a strong point of his.

Hes brother Cassidy got 35 disposals and 10 clearances in the TAC yesterdayā€¦

#DRAFT HIM!

4 Likes

There is no brother/brother rule in place.

V early on in the year. We probably will get a top ten pick but this years draft is quality KPP if Iā€™m not mistaken. Letā€™s not get carried away just yet

new rule, essendon gets all parishes else the team that takes it has to deal with rhys mathieson.

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought about it before - there is a case for introducing a brother rule.
Could be a different amount of games (100 means a bare min of 5 seasons b/w brothers, but in reality - usually 7-8).
On the other hand, would have to be enough or put in place other rules to discourage drafting a dud (even for a very low pick) just to ensure that his kid brother that everyone is raving about already joins the club further down the road.

Pfft still no improvement in the hitouts stats - delist

2 Likes

Iā€™m a romantic at heart and love the idea of family teams and names that travel down through history attached to the same team. So Iā€™d support anything that facilitates that happening.

6 Likes

Excluding Harveyā€™s

But if you pick up the dud brother, youā€™ve still gotta get him to a certain amount of games to qualify. It canā€™t be just ā€˜on your list.ā€™

The biggest problem is, brothers are often close in age, so an older brother may not have been at a club very long or got many games by the time the younger brother is ready to be drafted.