#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Still think this is the best name for a thread outside of the Lindsay Thomas one…

Is he trying to grow a beard?

And those left foot passes/kicks into the F50 was impressive too

definitely. hes always got some kind of b.u.m fluff going on. even in his draft days you can see hes trying to grow out a few measly whiskers. its at least looking better than before

I just feel Parish is not getting into the right positions as much this year to win the ball.

I think hes more outside this year throw him in the centre clearances more imo.

1 Like

I agree and I think because he’s there less he’s not playing it as well. We actually really need him in that role.

struggling to put 4 quarters together this year which is a bit of a worry

Just my thoughts but he seems to still get into decent spots but just not used, or is in the same spot as other mids.

I think there is some merit in the “learning where each other runs to” line. Might just be seeing things but our mids quite often seem to croed each other.

1 Like

All on his own 30 out dead in front and Zaharakis went to the pocket.
Not the first time hes been ignored when in good position over his career.

5 Likes

Only 70% time on ground, which was the lowest of all of our players.

Strange…

Yes, it’s odd. Something very strange going on here.

I’ve hardly noticed him this year in comparison to last.

Agree with all of the above

Was much playing much better when he had more responsibility last year

Gotta getget him back to playing the role he was last year.

1 Like

Darcy & the coaches have said they’re trying to develop his outside game and width more, with a greater emphasis on kicking.
Basically a learning thing so when he goes back inside he has another string to his bow as a mid, and therefore harder to tag / match up on.
Real question I think is how long do they persist with this, and when to throw him back into full midfield role?

1 Like

Thats absolutely spot on.

He’s also drifting forward more also to add to our forward pressure.

He will see more midfield time in the second half of the year I believe.

He’s tracking very well.

Yep, is Parish is Good

Is having a much better season than last year, is becoming more damaging. Yesterday was a down game - but that is very much to be expected.

2nd year guys… 2nd year.

‘I obviously have no intentions of leaving’

AFL 2017 Round 06 - Essendon v Melbourne
Darcy Parish says he wants to stay at Essendon
DARCY Parish is keen to stay at Essendon, but won’t be worried if his contract talks continue to drag out as he remains unsigned beyond this season.

The emerging Bomber’s initial two-year deal with the club expires at the end of this year and, alongside key forward Joe Daniher, Parish is among Essendon’s most important re-signings.

The club moved to extend his deal last season but was unable to come to an agreement, with protracted discussions continuing.

As the season edges closer to the halfway point, some rivals are surprised the Dons haven’t yet been able to lock away Parish, who has played 27 of a possible 29 games since landing at Essendon as its prized No.5 pick at the 2015 NAB AFL Draft.

But the 19-year-old said he sees himself staying in the red and black.

“Obviously there’s a bit of contract talk going around, but it’s not something I’m really focused on. I’m just focused on playing good footy and enjoying my time here at Essendon,” Parish told AFL.com.au.

“My managers are going through that with the club at the moment, so hopefully we get it done pretty soon because I obviously have no intentions of leaving the club, because it’s been great so far and I’m loving every minute of it. Hopefully we get it done soon.”

Parish has taken no time to establish himself as a key part of Essendon’s future, after averaging 20.7 disposals in his debut season and finishing fourth overall in the NAB AFL Rising Star award.

He understands the longer he stays out of contract for next year the more speculation about his future will arise, but the Geelong Falcons product is confident an extension will get sorted.

“I’m one of those blokes who doesn’t get too fazed by too many things. I think it will all take care of itself in the end and I’m really looking forward to hopefully getting a deal done and locking it away,” he said.

Parish has had a consistent start to this season, with standout performances coming in the Bombers’ wins over Hawthorn (in round one) and Collingwood (round five) when he gathered 25 disposals in both outings.

On Saturday night he will face Geelong in the Powercor Country Festival game. Parish grew up on a farm in Wensleydale in Victoria – his father Glen is a shearer – and said the contest will mean plenty to country communities.

“It’s great to be recognising the country and all of the farmers who work so hard pretty much all their lives out there,” he said.

“It’s great to have this game for them. Coming from the country myself, I’ve been there and watched dad do all the hard work, and been out there myself helping him out. It’s great and dad will probably be there enjoying the atmosphere as well.”

4 Likes

He’s gone

7 Likes

SIGN
HIM
UP