#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Just goes about it this kid… Jet

Oliver and parish will both be guns

4 Likes

With Heppell, Watson and Myers back in the midfield, he’s playing a different role.

Forget Oliver. He’s irrelevant.

3 Likes

And spawn of the devil, being a ranga.

Parish was solid all day, provided lots of pressure and linked up nicely with the forwards. A riper game from him, along with a dozen or so others.

More than solid.
Check the replay for his hands in close
Instigated / was key to our stoppage clearances not dropping off when rotations happened.

3 Likes

The new Stanton?

1 Like

Well, that was Zaka for a few weeks. At the moment it’s probably Connor in the Stanton role.
Amyone rubbishing Parish has no clue. Was great today

Has Darcy kicked it into the man on the mark yet?

1 Like

Should clarify. Running all day up and down the wing.

That I50 in the last qtr was absolute top shelf . 50m kick to a player running away from him. Pinpointed between 3 opp players.

Huge

9 Likes

I think he is going to explode next year after another pre-season.

This may all be in my head and completely fictional, but I don’t think he can quite do what he wants to do on field just yet. I see a guy that wants to dominate the game, and for whatever reason isn’t quite there. I think that will drive him over the pre-season and we’ll see an exceptional player emerge in 2018.

He is an absolute elite inside midfielder in waiting.

3 Likes

You just see him do things that are so applicable to full time mid.

His handpass to raz for his awesome snap in the 2nd qtr was magnificent.

Darcy is on his ■■■■, grabs it scrambles a sec then delivers it onto raz’s chest.

How many of our players in previous years have just throw it at a teammates feet?

7 Likes

Was awesome today. Love his manic terrier work. All his touches today were very important and damaging. Didn’t have inflated stats from chipping the ball around defence. Will be somewhere near A-grade in the next couple years when his body mass and overall strength increases.

4 Likes

Am expecting a 3rd year like Zerrett’s last year for Darce.

Is coming along swimmingly, and don’t underestimate how much it helps he is developing in the AFL and not the VFL. Makes the world of difference

I feel like there’s a Marx Brothers gag in here somewhere

1 Like

It was Darcy who pinpointed Tippa for his huge goal from outside 50?
That was a sensational pass!

3 Likes

That pass was just rude. Been a long time since we’ve seen guys back themselves in to that degree and nail it.

1 Like

Thread title still cracks me up.

4 Likes