#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

2 outrageous things he did against Weagles
First that very hardball get in forward line to handball to Raz who goaled. Should not have bene possible. Rioli-esque

The that Kick to Tippa at chf, kicked on a coin, his intuition to kick to only sq foot where it would work was stunning. Two of best passages of play I have seen all year, esp the kick. Considering walla’s speed, the nest of eagles running in different directions, that was truly centimetre perfect. Unbelievable.

His kicking hits elite level sometimes, done it a few times this year, often involving TIppa running forward, perfect understanding and cohesion. Comes from having to make up possible scoring scenarios last year, the licence last year gave these guys to not worry re wins but hone their craft is paying off.

He’s a real goer, amazing for someone so small. I thought he was too small, bit like McGrath IMO, but he added some muscle and is now a beast. May need rest mid and late season if we are heading to finals as he is still young.

5 Likes

Was good. Equal credits to Walla who sat the West Coast defender on his ■■■■ with a perfect bump, allowing Parish a better crack at the contest.

My neighbour, who knows plenty of people from down Winchelsea way, says he’d heard Cassidy is much better than Darcy.

My nephew, who follows Geelong Falcons and has friends connected with him, says his disposal is a real problem and isn’t likely to get much better.

We’ll see who’s right in November, I suppose.

I’d rather us pick up Cassidy than trade for Mathieson though. Don’t like head-duckers.

I havnt seen him play TBH but I’ve heard a little of both from guys who follow it keenly. Sounds like he gets a ton of it and is a great extractor but his kicking is borderline terrible

That’s my understanding as well.

sounds like a perfect mix b/w Hirdy and Jobe (-;

1 Like

I’ve heard similar from a guy I’ve been working with recently who still lives in Winchelsea & coached them as juniors. He was a big fan of Darcy but had reservations about Cassidy’s disposal, in particular his kicking. He said that of the 4 boys, probably the youngest (Indy) was most natural but whether he pursues football is another matter as he’s quite adept at other sports.

Sounds like a perfect late draft / rookie pick. Not many clubs go near blokes that cannot kick regardless of their other skillsets. See Dylan for example.

So Cassidy is early Jobe?

So Indy is to Darcy what Zach is to Jackson? Put him on ice now and draft him as a Smokey who hasn’t played TAC because he likes other stuff. Lol.

3 Likes

I am absolutely rapt in his progress. He is not just winning hard ball gets, and handballing to an ouside player, he plays strategically, he finds space, he wins clearances, decides on long options and executes brilliantly. i reckon he will be superb on the inside and out and will be a central figure in our next flag.

8 Likes

Yep, tracking superbly.
Becoming a really rounded player. Refining his sense of where to run - last year he was running a bit too straight ahead of the ball for example. Still got his fast hands but varying his options of who to dish off to, not just the more senior player. A slight knock on his kicking by some last year but really going for it with intent this year, as witness the pass to Walla.
Pretty good stuff for a bloke part way into his second season.

1 Like

Had to play a senior mid’s position last year too.

Never liked anyone from Winchelsea. Can anyone actually confirm that’s where he’s from?

Well Wensleydale - so that neck of the woods. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sport/country-football/darcys-weird-welcome-to-the-big-time/news-story/8b92f20b20a88c383b2219858c777ca7

hell be fine, better than some of the previous people from that neck of the woods.

Had a look at the draft projections over at BigFooty for Cassidy Parish

Knightmare - 16
Checked 3 other lists and none of them had him in their top 30-40.

8 games, 7 times named in best so far for Geelong Falcons.

The “Dylan Clarke effect”

Darcy, Cassidy, Indy. Is the fourth brother Leroy?

1 Like

Eli or Abel. Has to be.