#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

He’s from Wensleydale? I can see know why some aren’t sure whether he’s Gouda enough

2 Likes

Dodgy kicking is the new dodgy groins.

Trust in Jackets

1 Like

Oh cheese! Edam good.

Based on the Selwood history we should forget Cassidy and go for Indy.

He’s still got a whey to go with his kicking.

Still I think Disco should pop over there and say “Hallou-mi”

2 Likes

Developing really well is Darcy,I’ve been impressed that he has been effective on the outside and across HF this year. He will be a very balanced player in a few years, guys that can go inside an out and kick a goal aren’t that common. The fact that he can’t crack our inside group that often this year will help his overall development in my view. A bit more of an outside game this year should also give him a bit more scope to work on his kicking, which was very good last week.

No. Please, no.

Stop right there.

1 Like

Before we go any further
Do you love me
Will you love me forever

It’s a meatloaf thing yeah?

1 Like

Well, I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to shoot you.

2 Likes

Settle down DJR. Shoot the Bries with him first.

It’s cost you Leicester do that.

2 Likes

Calf is minor. Expected to be right for Sydney.

We should have taken Oliver

1 Like

Pretty happy with Parish and Oliver was taken before us so we couldn’t have taken him anyway.

2 Likes

Lel

Noticed Parish has been used as an inside mid this year compared to being more outside last year.

And I’ve been impressed by his ball wining ability in close.

Really happy to see the coaches back in our young mids and look to develop their inside and outside games for the future.

Couldn’t make it to the game tonight and am wondering, with Darce injured and on the sidelines, who has filled in for him tonight in the midfield rotations. Was it Myers?

He was playing way more inside last year. Pretty much half forward and outside mid this year
Seems Howlett has taken most of his mid and HF time

5 Likes

Thats interesting. My impression was that last year Parish was more forward with midfield cameos. But this year playing as a full time mid that rests forward at times.

I don’t think it’s a really huge change, he went from being our #4 or 5 guy at clearances last year to 6 or 7 this year and that means he spends more time wing or half forward
Some talk they wanted him to work on polishing his game more as an outside player.

Interesting what Judd had to say about Parrish, and francis, from Age June 12,
"But if Darcy Parish decides to take the same level of ownership over the football club as Merrett has over the past couple of years, if Aaron Francis learns how to run, and if list manager Adrian Dodoro finds another couple of players like Fantasia with draft picks in the mid 50s, they’ll soon enter conversations around the competition as a club where players should no longer book overseas trips for late September.’

“ownership’” seems vague, but I think I know what he means. I thought darcy had been awesome, his contested work is stunning sometimes, as is his kicking inside 50, esp a few times to Walla.

2 Likes

If you’re going to share your opinion, at least make sure it’s based on a fact.

1 Like